Jambands.ca

what do you know about these countries? [latin america/spain]

meggo

looking into doing a bit of international teaching for the next school year. here are the countries/cities i'm looking at currently:

mexico - mexico city, monterrey, queretaro

colombia - bogota, cali, medellin, manizares [sp?]

panama - panama city

spain - barcelona, puzol

these are my top pics! anyone been to any of these places?

muchas gracias :)

Meggo I have a good friend who has been teaching in Medellin for about 4 years now and absolutely loves life there. The school that he is working at seems to do some really interesting programming and has become a cultural hub in the city. Would be glad to put you in touch!

i know some of them seem sketchy, but i'm doing my homework. colombia is not what it used to be... certainly not perfect, but much better. mexico has a lot of problems these days, but monterrey is one of the safer northern cities. i don't know anything about queretaro. i am quite intrigued by panama, actually. been hearing a lot of good things about it.

anyway, useful info would be appreciated ;) kevo, i'd love to talk to your friend.

i know some of them seem sketchy, but i'm doing my homework. colombia is not what it used to be... certainly not perfect, but much better. mexico has a lot of problems these days, but monterrey is one of the safer northern cities. i don't know anything about queretaro. i am quite intrigued by panama, actually. been hearing a lot of good things about it.

anyway, useful info would be appreciated ;) kevo, i'd love to talk to your friend.

Will put you in touch over f'book!

While Spain is amazing, I personally would be much more interested in spending time in the other countries you listed, fwiw. :)

I've spent some time in Barcelona, which is a beautiful city. The others I have never visited - but would love to!

Although I'd love to visit all these places, I feel like Columbia and Panama would offer you the opportunity to travel inexpensively in neighbouring countries- and perhaps offer the chance to make a real impact locally!

That said- we'd be happy to visit you in Spain as well!

;)