Jambands.ca
Sign in to follow this  
nibbler

Winter Olympics Vancouver 2010

I'm really not getting into the Olympic spirit watching this :( That version of Oh Canada was dreadful (does Harper not know the words?) as was whatever the fuck that song was with Bryan Adams and Nelly Frutatas :P

Bring on the competitions !!!!!

OK, those Orca whales were pretty trippy ;)

KD Lang was awesome; the Olympic torch lighting fail was not. Gretzky riding through the streets of Vancouver in the back of a pick-up truck was the greatest thing ever.

The CTV "news" personalities are already off-the-charts annoying though.

I hated that version of Oh Canada. Who in the heck changes the ending of the national anthem anyhow? I found it to be disrespectful. And MattyC pointed out the fact that no one would be able to sing along with THAT.

Hello from Whistler. I've been really busy so I haven't been checking in. I'm working like the SOB that I am. If anyone is bored and wanting to be struck deaf, dumb and blind, I'm working MOD on Much at 5pm and 10pm EST, daily. If you look around the cameras on the floor or stage, you will more than likely see me (looking miserable due to the constant rain - at night the show is mostly indoors and I'm surrounded by drunk Aussies). Go Canada!!

I'm working MOD on Much at 5pm and 10pm EST, daily.

Saw an incredibly stupid clip from Much Music during CTVs coverage on Friday afternoon, hot tubbing and doing body shots. Way to stink it up. I hope you're able to enjoy yourself still with all the ridiculousness going on there Jaimoe.

Saw an incredibly stupid clip from Much Music during CTVs coverage on Friday afternoon, hot tubbing and doing body shots. Way to stink it up.

This and the needless segments with entertainment hosts and fashion critics and party reporters make me miss the CBC's coverage.

I love the trash talk:

When Nate Holland swaggered into town for these Olympics, he promptly unloaded some colourful quotes.

He introduced himself here by taking a playful poke at Canada’s Own the Podium initiative.

“They can take that thing home,†said Holland, echoing a line he heard from a fellow American. “We’ll just rent it for the month.â€

When Canadian team vet Drew Neilson first heard it, he responded with a grin and a rebuttal.

Neilson started diplomatically but finished with a bit of spice.

“We’ve been training hard, we’ve had lots of support and we’re really well prepared,†said Neilson. “So, that rent will be unaffordable as far as I’m concerned.â€

And what was the reasoning behind CTV getting the olympics in the first place?

It can't be their less-than-awesome record of mediocre-yet-flashy broadcasting

They chose to bid A LOT more money than CBC for the rights. (Same with the Hockey Night in Canada theme song). CBC is taking care of broadcasting the World Cup this summer from South Africa instead ;)