5. "Listening Wind" Talking Heads

6. "The Power of the Heart" Lou Reed

7. "My Body Is a Cage" Arcade Fire

8. "The Book of Love" The Magnetic Fields

9. "I Think It's Going to Rain Today" Randy Newman

10. "Après moi" Regina Spektor

11. "Philadelphia" Neil Young

12. "Street Spirit (Fade Out)" Radiohead

Is it fair to compare his last show with the upcoming one?

The year is different, the political environment and response is different, the stage set up is different, the costumes are different etc etc

That's just a small percentage of the differences. I don't think it's possible to compare the two.

j/k i am looking forward to it!

That's just a small percentage of the differences. I don't think it's possible to compare the two.

[color:purple]hehe, all so very true but you forget that Gabriel will have turned 60 by the time he rolls into centreville and will likely be unable to even lift up his head to be painted, let alone dance around the stage like a rockstar.

Haven't found details on tickets yet, but it's at the Bell Centre. I saw his last show there and it was amazing. (That was the walking upside-down around the stage suspended from the ceiling thingy tour, maybe 2002 or 2003?)
Fabulous news!

There's manlove in the air.

• 3 weeks later...

if anyone figures out the ticket situation, please post. ticketmaster is selling pre-sale tix now for the US dates, but not for montreal. we tried admission, ticketpro, etc can't find anything about the show.

expensive fan-club packages seem to be available from links on his site, but we don't want that.

merci beaucoup :)

• 3 months later...

Kinda boring actually. The screens were really, really cool, and his cover of Boy In The Bubble was worth the price of admission, but the whole first set (which was the whole new album) was, well, morose at best. The second set was mostly obscure Gabriel tunes, ending with Solsbury Hill. Encore was Don't Give Up and In Your Eyes, plus another one I didn't know. I may be spoiled having worked with the NAC Orchestra for the last dozen years, but the arrangements were weak to say the least. Despite all this, I was glad to see a unique show that was playing in a very limited number of cities, but it was easily the least of the three Gabriel shows I've seen.

We saw Mark Knopfler the next night and that was really good, then we caught the new Cirque show (Totem) which was possibly the best Cirque (aside from Love) I've seen; quite incredible.