Gratefulfest 11

captainsunshine

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kanada Kev?? Mark Tonin? Joni?

Anyone else?

I'm planning to get there a couple days early. Really looking forward to seeing your smiling faces again! Congrats to you and Baj on the baby!

I think there are several people that aren't avid posters here that are going. estimates run at 10-12 people, i think.

me

my brother

blair

craig

sari

maeghan

teekins

mickey

rob

^^I know these for sure^^

I just spoke with Spanky and he's gonna try to save us the same awesome site as years past. He's really looking forward to partying it up with the Canadians again! I'm gonna try and pack a bottle of Crown for him in thanks...without him I woulda been packed in like cattle in the general camping areas. Campsite 100. Wheeee!

Yay Joni!!

I'm glad we'll see you there!! :) And your husband Rich will be getting there super late Friday (after Furthur in Columbus)! ;)

I'm hoping to sweet talk them into getting us a spot closer to the stage since I won't want to be walking too far this year with my big ole belly! :laugh:

I guess we'll see, there's really not a bad spot in the place!

• 2 weeks later...

For me, it was great......but definitely different for me this year. First off being without Mud and Sierrah for the first time took a couple days to get used to.....though I did enjoy getting up at 6am and realizing I could go back to sleep!

I was in work mode so that was different too. I covered the fest for this site (which bouche is going to put up once he does the site changeover) and was also working on my 'Old & in the Jerrygrass' documentary which went really well. Peter Rowan and David Nelson agreed to interviews for it as well as interviewing Dave Katz (Ekoostik Hookah) and Tyler Grant (bass in the Emmitt Nershi Band who was the 2008 national flatpicking champ and played in a Dead cover band for 6 years).

There was a great group of folk again. Mousepad, Schwa, Schwa's brother Brian and his girlfriend Alison, LXQ42, Krazy Korey, Nicole, Rob, Jason, the Swifts and the Sutherlands, Baj and Capt Sunshine. Had some young energy around our campfire the first night which was really weird but that settled in the following nights. Had some really nice jams around the fire too.

Had the lead singer from the Zepplin tribute band, Kashmir, at our site. They had just headlined a classic rock fest at the Ledges two weeks prior - they're out of New Jersey. Check 'em out if you can - they're really good....and buddy looked just like Robert Plant!Really really friendly guy - was surprised how much he didn't fit into the stereotype I'd cast him into prior to getting to know him (yeah, shame shame on me). Also had a couple of promoters from Ohio (who book bands at the Ledges and other fests) at our site who seem to have taken an interest in Diesel Dog and it looks like Diesel might be at the Ledges next summer!

I won't take too much away from my review but I did interview Peter Rowan for the review and asked him what came to mind when he thought of Jerry. Here's what he had to say;

“When I think of Jerry Garcia I think of his sense of encouragement. He was a very encouraging person. You never felt like you were doing something stupid musically. He would always want to bring it up to a level of confidence. His enthusiasm and confidence made everything blossom.†He added, “Jerry was just a totally friendly guy. You know, kind of mischievous. Always a mischievous grin. His eyebrows always going up and down, you know. He talked a lot with his eyebrows! (laughs)â€

What sucked was somebody making off with my running shoes at the festival, me coming home and buying a new pair and then having them stolen from my car and having to go back and buy another pair....arrgh!

How was All Good?

I was in work mode so that was different too. I covered the fest for this site (which bouche is going to put up once he does the site changeover) and was also working on my 'Old & in the Jerrygrass' documentary which went really well. Peter Rowan and David Nelson agreed to interviews for it as well as interviewing Dave Katz (Ekoostik Hookah) and Tyler Grant (bass in the Emmitt Nershi Band who was the 2008 national flatpicking champ and played in a Dead cover band for 6 years).

Very cool Blurry ... those interviews sound like they would be a dream come true for you!

I look forward to reading your review when it is posted.

Also had a couple of promoters from Ohio (who book bands at the Ledges and other fests) at our site who seem to have taken an interest in Diesel Dog and it looks like Diesel might be at the Ledges next summer!

Diesel Dog at the Ledges would be sweeeeeeeettt!!!

How was All Good?

I know that your question was directed at edger, but I'll jump in with an answer:

Freakin' Awesome!!!

I hope to post more about my All Good experience at some point soon ...

Peace, Mark

What sucked was somebody making off with my running shoes at the festival, me coming home and buying a new pair and then having them stolen from my car and having to go back and buy another pair....arrgh!

How was All Good?

Now that is some shit luck there Blair. Sorry to hear that. The good news is you should definitely be able to salvage a new song out of that ;) Congratulations on the contacts and interviews. I can't WAIT to see your film come to fruition.

As for All Good I hope to post a review of sorts in the near future. Maybe get a chance to whip it up tomorrow. But yeah, in short, UN-BLOODY-BELIEVABLE!!!

Also had a couple of promoters from Ohio (who book bands at the Ledges and other fests) at our site who seem to have taken an interest in Diesel Dog and it looks like Diesel might be at the Ledges next summer!

Diesel Dog at the Ledges would be sweeeeeeeettt!!!

Yeah, Diesel at the Ledges would be super sweet - I really hope it works out for them! The promoters, Chris and Matt, run a company called MadMatt's Promotions. Super nice guys. Kind of seemed like fate was playing a hand. Out of all the thousands of people at the fest - we end up camping beside each other.

And yeah Mark, securing those interviews for my documentary was amazing! Big big thanks to bouche for his help in all this!

Tonin and Edger - great to hear that All Good was All Awesome!

Edger - would be great to meet up with you guys when you're up this way!

Edited by Guest