Jambands.ca

Something that Rocks....

guigsy

alright....i'm in the mood for a new cd....so, im gonna head out in a couple hours to make a new purchase, but i thought i'd like to make this a slightly interactive purchase....i'm lookin for some suggestions here. perhaps something new, perhaps someone might trigger something i've been meaning to buy...anyways, here's my criteria, or rather, i should say, my mood for this one.......

i need something that fucking rocks, man. im talkin balls out, stripped down, and raw. low-fi dirty riffs. the dirtier the better.

anyone?

thanks.

There have been a couple of re-releases of The Who's "Live At Leeds" that might fit the bill. One is a single CD (about 77 minutes), the other a deluxe double-CD that includes the full rendition of "Tommy" from that show. I have the former, and it rocks, severely. (There's also a double CD of The Who live at the Isle Of Wight festival, which would also be good, I think.)

Aloha,

Brad

Behind The Music - The Soundtrack Of Our Lives

TSOOL are the best pure new rock band in the world. Fuck the proverbial " In My Opinion " statement. They fuckin' are the best: A cross between The Who, Kinks, early Pink Floyd, psychedelic Beatles and the Stones, with a dash of the Stooges. They hail from Sweden and their concert at the Opera House last winter is still my Concert Of The Year 2003.

However, I do like all the ' rock ' selections already mentioned too.

And if you don't own it already, do yourself a favour and buy 1968's " Kick Out The Jams " by the MC5. It's as heavy as Live At Leeds and even more influential. Turn the stereo up and " Kick Out The Jams Motherfuckers "!!

quote:

Originally posted by \/\/illy:

So, what'd you pick up Scott? I'm dying to hear!

well....i went out just after AD's first post...and up to that point, between healy and i, we already had most of the selections posted...so, i went on a whim and got an older Smog record, just cuz i was interested to hear what he sounded like, besides a couple songs on mixed cd's that i have...so, i got his 1997 album called Red Apple Falls...its really good, but its really the opposite of "rock". think melancholy Hayden, with a dirty Chicago sound. for nostalgia purposes, i also grabbed the Flashing Lights, Where The Change Is, shit, it was cheap enough, and it rocks slightly more, but im not satisfied with the amount of rocking that i have and the amount of rocking that i need. hahahahahaha. i think i be makin another trip to the record store today......

Archived