Jambands.ca

Boy Name Suggestions?

Large Marge

thelonious, theo for short - this was my pick for my boys but was denied twice by two different mothers....

maybe should have married black... eh ike

Maybe you should of, then you could of called your kid Thelonious Monk Morrison.

I wanted Julian for my son, we ended up with Julan which is original and I ended up loving.

Here's some more I like:

Barry

Stanton

Antoine

Calvin

Kemar

Keiran

and ike of course.

What about Shane? Or Shamus, or even Shanus?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhys? Is that pronounced Reese?

I implore you to name your kid something that everyone knows how to pronounce. Imagine having to tell everyone you meet for the rest of your life how your name should be pronounced.

Through my job I meet a lot of kids, and I tell you, sometimes I think their parents were trying to name a new Ikea product instead of a human being. When I find a kid named, say Maurawnde, I pray that the kid's gender will be obvious, and I always wonder about the parents. Are they trying to prove to the world how creative they are? Or are they so concerned that their kid will be average that they are forcing some zing into their existence? And for gawd's sake don't try out a "creative" spelling of an already existing name, believe me, the kid will resent it. I knew a kid named Ryan, but the parents decided their kid was way too special for that spelling, so they went with Rain, pronounced Ryan. Poor little guy.

Last year I read a study of people in Human Resources across Canada, and the survey showed that employers look unfavourably on applicants with unusual names, despite the fact that they know it's the parents of the applicant, and not the applicant themselves that's to blame.

There are some nice name suggestions in this thread.

just noticed an article with canada's top 25 boy names, here they are:

Top Names for Boys

1. Ethan

2. Jacob, Jakob

3. Nathan, Nathon

4. William

5. Alexander, Alexandre

6. Noah

7. Matthew, Mathew, Mathieu

8. Samuel

9. Benjamin

10. Lucas, Lukas

11. Joshua, Joshau, Joshuwa

12. Gabriel

13. Liam

14. Logan, Loggan, Loghan

15. Nicolas, Nicholas, Nikolas

16. Ryan

17. Daniel

18. Owen

19. Thomas

20. Evan

21. Jaden, Jadyn, Jaiden, Jayden

22. Jack

23. Aidan, Aiden, Ayden

24. Adam

25. Alex, Alexis

actually, they have the top 100 if you're interested: http://www.todaysparent.com/pregnancy/becomingparent/article.jsp?content=20100204_100836_11064&page=1

Edited by Guest

My parents gave me a weird name (Alexia--and I bet 90% of people who know me don't know my full name) and it really gets annoying when almost everyone fucks it up. I don't think it's even that hard to pronounce but apparently I'm wrong or people are fucking retarded. Even if my parents had gone for the more traditional Alexis or Alexandra it would have made life a bit less annoying. I go by Lex and I still get hassled over that. I often hear "that's a boy's name" or other asinine comments. There's a lady at work who calls me Alexie which is a Russian dude's name. Seriously, go for a normal name.

My recommendation: Jack-It's totally versatile.