Jambands.ca

ON the radio today in Hamilton...

kc

I have a show from 3:30-5pm. It's a fundraiser. Donate some money and there is a good chance you can win tickets to an upcoming show listed below...

Helping to support CFMU is like voting in favour of community radio..

Try getting a mainstream station to mention you concert without paying them $1000+ Even if the station is local, they are not going to help you unless you have big bucks!!

Also try getting them to play something local or something that has not been played to death hundreds of times..

It's nearly impossible unless there are substantial financial benefits for them..

93.3 CFMU is a local station run mostly by volunteers who don't have a corporate agenda but rather a love of music and their community.

This Monday, you can help support the station as well as 'yours truly' by donating some $$ while I'm on the air 3:30pm-5pm for my show THE EQUALIZER..

I'll be giving a ton of tickets away to some very cool up and coming shows taking place in Hamilton.

Expect a chance win tickets to the following performances.

*YACHT: Mar 3rd @ The Casbah

*UNITED STEELWORKERS OF MONTREAL, Ragged Bankers

@ This Ain't Hollywood

*WOODHANDS, DIAMOND RINGS, SLOW HAND MOTEM: Mar 6th @ This Ain't Hollywood

*TIMBER TIMBRE, Annie Shaw: Mar 9th @ The Casbah

*JFK of MSTRKRFT: Mar 10th @ Rokbar

*GHISLAIN POIRIER with Donna Lovejoy, Digisnail: Apr. 1st @ Club Absinthe

*TOKYO POLICE CLUB, PARLOVR Apr. 8th @ Rokbar

*BOCCE, BONJAY, SLOW HAND MOTEM: Apr 17th @ This Ain't Hollywood

*COL. BRUCE HAMPTON, DIESEL DOG: May 8th @ This Ain't Hollywood.

Plus more tba...

PLUS!!!! If you donate $30, we give you a Friends of CFMU card, good for discounts at about 25 local businesses (support independent business not the big box stores!). For $60 you can get that an a T-shirt for our "Raise Your Voice" fundraiser. Both are only available to CFMU supporters. If you want either, a/ tell us (or note it on PayPal) and include your email - and your shirt size!

I will be playing these bands but you can also expect to hear some of my favourite local bands as well...

If you have a request.. Call in a donation during my show and I can likely play it if I have it or if it's in the CFMU library.

The phone number will be (905)528-9888. Don't call until the time the show.. However.. fundraising week is all week so if you prefer, you can always donate via another program on the station.

For a program schedule as well as a way to listen in online, go here>> http://cfmu.msumcmaster.ca/

or tune in to 93.3fm if you live in the Hamilton area..

"COL. BRUCE HAMPTON, DIESEL DOG: May 8th @ This Ain't Hollywood"

NICE!!!

my thoughts exactly!!

shame i missed this, i was getting all geared up to do this this aft then i saw the date. DOH.

cought your show a few weeks ago though KC, sounded good bra

Yeah I should have gave a better heads up.

If anyone would like to donate for my show, they still can by either calling 905-528-9888 or online thru paypall at http://cfmu.msumcmaster.ca/

You can mention the show it's for "the equalizer" by either method.

$30 gets you a discount card for business around hamilton for a year.

$20 a cd from a good selection.

They can't give away guest spots for those shows but message me if you do donate and I can probably do something..