Jambands.ca

Alice In Wonderland at %55 on the Tomatometer

bouche

saw it today with my wife, 11 yr old daughter, her friend and my 7 yr old son. we all thought it was great. well, except my daughter, who was dissapointed with how different it was from the book(s) (that's the problem with reading books. what was she thinking?)

enjoyed the acting. johny depp was brilliant as was Mia Wasikowska (alice). the cinematography, costumes, special effects were all very good. two thumbs way up.

Mike, it really only matters what the Top Critics rate it on RT and not the bloggers/small print reviewers. Anyway, Burton films have a tendency to polarize; heck, I think Big Fish a masterpiece, but some didn't like it. FYI, Toronto Star critic Peter Howell gave Alice 3 1/2 out of 4.

Guest Low Roller

Tim Burton + Johnny Depp = Awesome

When these two collaborate you always end up with a dark masterpiece. I can't wait to see this movie.

Mike, it really only matters what the Top Critics rate it on RT and not the bloggers/small print reviewers.

This is ridiculous Jaimoe. Top critics aren't any more qualified to speak about whether I'll enjoy a movie than anyone else is. Opinions are subjective no matter who has them.

Mike, it really only matters what the Top Critics rate it on RT and not the bloggers/small print reviewers. Anyway, Burton films have a tendency to polarize; heck, I think Big Fish a masterpiece, but some didn't like it. FYI, Toronto Star critic Peter Howell gave Alice 3 1/2 out of 4.

good point dave. I do trust the toe-maw-matter ( i think it should be pronounced that way) but I've never paid attention to the sources. It seems to me that the best indicator should be from the RT community, not the top critics or the t-meter critics.

I think this one is worth seeing in the theater BECAUSE of 3D. If it wasn't in 3D, i would wait for the bluray release.

Mike' date=' it really only matters what the Top Critics rate it on RT and not the bloggers/small print reviewers. [/quote']

This is ridiculous Jaimoe. Top critics aren't any more qualified to speak about whether I'll enjoy a movie than anyone else is. Opinions are subjective no matter who has them.

I'd rather read a review from a noted critic from The New York Times or Chicago Tribune than a cynical basement shut-in with their own blog. And I think that sometimes opinions are objective.