Jambands.ca

Any rugby players here???

Swifty

You know what? Rugby is the only sport I think I haven't played, even recreationally. I've always regretted it, because now Im waaaayyyy too out of shape to try it out. I bet you are completely done for right now, hahaha. BTW, I met a couple of guys from Chatham at one of Joni's party's (Near KW) last summer who played for probably the same team. Can't remember their names off hand, but friends of C-Towns. Really good dudes. They had a game the next day and Im pretty sure one of them ended up skipping out on it, hahahaha! Have fun man!

Ahhh I miss my rugby days a lot. I used to be in wicked shape, but right now I would need a couple of months of running before I could even consider going back to a practice. I was never very big or very good, but I loved getting the shit beat out of me on the field, so somehow I made the Canada Games team for PEI in 1993.

I used to play. I wasn't big either, but I was good.

I still got the shit beat out of me on the field though.

Now my balls and my rugby legs are both in my wife's purse. "You're not allowed!"

I got 2 MVP's, a rookie of the year and a Coach's award... and a busted MCL.

Have fun Rob!

Missed you at the Wilco show :)

• 1 year later...

Man, I have gotten glued to the TV watching a couple of games in the World Cup and have thoroughly enjoyed it. The Irish win over the Aussies was fun. I'd love to see some NFLers out on the pitch with those dudes ;D

If anyone is NOT watching simply because you don't understand the rules, here's something that helped me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW0Fp16XhZo

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

So enjoyable! I find it sad that from the outside, Canada doesn't look like much of a team with a score like 81-16 against NZ, but to have scored two tries against them is absolutely incredible and should become a pride point for any Canadian side in the future... we scored on the best defense in the game, and more times than I'm guessing some far higher rated sides might. Too bad it seems likely to fade away again for another four years. We could really get somewhere. 11th or 12th in the world ain't bad at all.

Enjoy the finals! :)

• 3 weeks later...