Jambands.ca

Nero: Drunken Louts?

kung

So my Circle of Kife thread was so successful at drumming up some interest on this DEAD board I figured I'd have another kick at the can. No deep thought this time though. The more I drink the better they sound. The more they drink the better they sound. Discuss.

I guess I could do better than that but afterall this is a board that's responded vociferously to a thread about the Guvenor of givener givenit shite. 12 posts about the Slip show and 130 odd about given it up the guv chute. A sign of the times. Soon it'll just be pfffttt fart noises like over on Jamhug mark my words.

Yes, Kung, you are indeed a drunken lout. I'm sure that Nero sounds better the more that YOU drink. Britney Spears probably does as well in that twisted head of yours. As a general rule it would seem that the boys don't get too hammered, save for a couple of instances, Evolve being one I've heard which apparently kind of sucked. You should try and catch Nero sober to test your theory out. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this thread about nero as drunken louts?

Because that just doesn't make sense. I've never seen that. I only see them as pros now.

Now, most of us being trashed by the time we make it out to whatever venue they're playing, makes sense.

We wouldn't be there en masse, and they wouldn't have been invited to join moe.canada if they weren't great at what they do.

here's one.

The more finger sized gagger lines one does, the better their own inane rambling sounds to themselves......discuss.

or...

The more weed a person smokes, the more one line posts they will churn out...

The conclusion that i come to is for the betterment of the board...lets all carve out some serious finger gaggers!!!

p.s. Please don't make me smell the finger....eeesh

quote:

Originally posted by NewRider:

Rush sucks!

Awww, New Rider, you can also do better. I know you can.

First of all, I'd love to hear nero cover "YYZ". That would rock! And look at Punk, you just know he's got a Geddy Lee poster hidden away somewhere.

Second of all, I concur with bouche and others that in my experience with all the guys from nero is that they are highly professional when they play. I'm sure they like to toss a few back during a show, but they are not up there getting pissed and swearing at the audience and crap, at least from the shows I've seen. And all three are, from my albeit limited experience talking to them, extremely nice guys, serious about their music (but not TOO serious) and very supportive of the scene in general as well. If they sound better when you drink, hey they do play music that you dance to, and dancing when you're drunk can be fun. Yip-dee-do, big revelation, last time I checked millions of people around the world go to concert halls and dance clubs every weekend based on that premise.

- M.

Nice tagline Musicface [smile]

Everything sounds better when you're drunk or high or cracked out or whatever ther terms are these days. But once in a while you find music that you prefer to appreciate in a mostly sober state of mind, and without chatting to your neighbour. And you do so because it's so moving and so beautiful that you want to isolate any distraction (consumable or otherwise) and take in every little nuance and note. You are constantly fighting the need to tell people that you've found "perfect music" because that seems so contrived and snooty, yet you feel that it's true. The Slip. Remember Shakti. Harry manx.

Then there's the "It's Friday night, I want to get trashed and see live music" sort of band. The good ol' boys you've been seeing for years and always catch when they come into town. And you know them personally so it only seems fair to support them. Hey they're music is not that sophisticated, but you're not feeling sophisticated right now...you're drinking to forget! What better pairing than fun but forgettable music? It sure beats $12 drinks at Helsinki right? Nero. BNB. Fat Cats. The New Deal.

La Fin.

quote:

Originally posted by kung:

I'm totally joking people.

Now there's no wonder why I was confused.

Although, I would hate to see a random visitor see that topic and just assume what it says it's true, without clicking inside to find out that it was a bunk statement.

hey Kung -

You got one thing right, the board is a bit dead these days, between Rush sucking and people not given'r anymore.

How about this: "The Daily Kung" - I'm sure you are full of little pot stirrers, and provokers....sure beats the hell out of the alternative!

I disagree with both statements. With the exception of Evolve, I've never seen Nero act as anything but complete professionals. That being said, that Evolve was an easy place to get caught up in the fun and forget that you've got to play. I don't hold that against them.

On the other hand, I've drank copious amounts of alcohol at Nero shows without succeeding with Kung's other point. That being said, the next time they are around, I'm going to get out there and try it again. Of course, you might question my motives here as those that know me might suggest that it's just an excuse for me to get really drunk again. (Like I need an excuse.)

One more thing:

As a general rule, I have observed that Kung is a drooling, slurring fool before the Nero boys even get warmed up boozing. They would have to start the night before, and continue through the entire next day(I think the term is given'r?) to even achieve the state that Kung describes after the first set. It is therefore impossible for Nero to be just a bunch of drunken louts.

Just thought everyone should know.

Archived