Jambands.ca

Down to 1 Corey...

Patchoulia

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/10/corey-haim-dead-died-death-lapd-overdose-corey-feldman-lost-boys-two-coreys/

Actor Corey Haim died this morning of an apparent overdose -- possibly accidental -- according to LAPD. He was 38.

Police tell us they were called to St. Joseph's hospital in Burbank, CA shortly before 4AM PT to investigate.

Haim shot to fame in the 80s -- when he co-starred in a number of films, including "The Lost Boys," with Corey Feldman.

That's really sad.

RIP Corey.

I remember several years ago (5? 8? God, I've been at this bookstore a while now!) he came into the shop looking for a job, but he was barely coherent. Had something in his hand that might have been a resume, but honestly, we didnt take it. By the time his visit was over, we nearly called security on him, he was pretty volatile.

All the best, kid.

That's pretty fucking dire, I'm presuming that was in Vancouver. I've heard similar stories from waitresses he ran out on bills on.

This is indeed very sad but not as sad as Koenig who seemed to have taken a greater measure of control over his life and just 'wasn't made for these times'.

I am however not looking forward to Feldman's cringe worthy eulogy and glory-hogging spotlight hounding trying to resurrect his defunct career around his former co-stars fatality. Tell me all of that isn't going to happen or has already begun. It'll be all about his hurt and pain at losing his friend - I Corey Feldman.

Let me expand on your all-too-obvious sarcasm DaveO.

what-grinds-my-gears.jpg

You know what really grinds my gears? Some two bit defunct actor dies from a drug overdose and it not only gets mentioned here but I have to deal with it all over the media. 2 threads about it on this site. Really? Does anyone even give a shit? I'm going to go out on not so much of a limb and say no. The child actor turned adult addict is tragically played out year after year but is his story going to teach any of you a lesson? Nope. By the weekend ya'll will have forgotten about this, that is at least until the end of 2010 rolls around and People magazine reminds us of all the people who died this year. A light will go on and you'll say to yourself "Oh yeah, Corey Haim died.". Big deal. You're not actually sad Facebook people. He was a little kid in Lost Boys. I don’t care if you watched it when you first started having sensations 'down there'. D-list celebrities of this ilk mean nothing in your lives. And it’s not like that guy has done anything since 1990 aside from appearing in some reality show that nobody watched. And if you did watch it I want to know what the fuck is wrong with you? And that's what really grinds my gears.

what-grinds-my-gears.jpg

You know what really grinds my gears? Some two bit defunct actor dies from a drug overdose and it not only gets mentioned here but I have to deal with it all over the media. 2 threads about it on this site. Really? Does anyone even give a shit? I'm going to go out on not so much of a limb and say no. The child actor turned adult addict is tragically played out year after year but is his story going to teach any of you a lesson? Nope. By the weekend ya'll will have forgotten about this, that is at least until the end of 2010 rolls around and People magazine reminds us of all the people who died this year. A light will go on and you'll say to yourself "Oh yeah, Corey Haim died.". Big deal. You're not actually sad Facebook people. He was a little kid in Lost Boys. I don’t care if you watched it when you first started having sensations 'down there'. D-list celebrities of this ilk mean nothing in your lives. And it’s not like that guy has done anything since 1990 aside from appearing in some reality show that nobody watched. And if you did watch it I want to know what the fuck is wrong with you? And that's what really grinds my gears.

Preach on brother, I'm with you all the way!

My mom was (is) good friends with his mom. He used to come to mine and my sister's birthday parties. I didn't really know him after I was 10 years old though. Although I do every handful of years see his mom.

I wasn't that surprised about the news. But I do feel terrible for his family. And my mom's pretty upset about it. She still thinks of him as "Little Corey". I remember she used to make me watch his made for tv movies.

what-grinds-my-gears.jpg

Thay just made my day... thanks Family Guy.

1 - Corey Feldman appeared on Larry King yesterday

2 - Dr Drew said he was trying to get Corey Haim into treatment

3 - Daisy Del La Hoya said she was dating Haim when he died

The media capitalization of death is complete in this case. It's the rule of thirds, time to move on people.

Time to move on.

The media capitalization of death is complete in this case. It's the rule of thirds, time to move on people.

Time to move on.

you are more than welcome to move on. follow the "thou shalt not click" commandment.

Time to move on.

Hear Hear...I've moved on to googling 'capitalization' as I had figured that you'd really meant THIS

since you didn't capitalize 'death' as you had suggested.