Jambands.ca

Caprica

bouche

• 7 months later...

I haven't watched the new episodes from this season yet. I have them ready to go, just have to find the time. However, I just read this news ... bummer

Caprica is toast. Syfy has announced that the low-rated Battlestar Galactica prequel has been canceled.

“The remaining first run episodes of Caprica – airing Tuesdays at 10/9c – will be removed from the schedule as of next Tuesday, November 2,†said the network in a statement. “These final five episodes of the season will be re-scheduled to air at a to be announced time in the first quarter of 2011, and will conclude the run of the series.â€

“We appreciate all the support that fans have shown for Caprica and are very proud of the producers, cast, writers and the rest of the amazing team that has been committed to this fine series,†said Mark Stern, EVP of original programming at Syfy. “Unfortunately, despite its obvious quality, Caprica has not been able to build the audience necessary to justify a second season.â€

The news comes less than a week after Syfy unveiled plans for another Galactica prequel,

that really fucking sucks. it's just starting to pick up and get interesting again, like how the first half of the season slowly picked up. having watched BSG, you can see how the toasters became what they were, what they believe and how they believed in the one true god. I don't think new viewers would have found the deeper meanings in the events of Caprica.

• 5 months later...
picking back where we left off at episode 12 we're up to episode 17...holy crap. This is an excellent show.

2 episodes left. damn.

It REALLY got better towards the end, didn't it? It suffered from having a huge hiatus in the middle and a meandering storylines. Then, they re-jigged a lot of it and it came back firing on all cylinders. Sadly, it was too late and it had been cancelled.

Not to ruin anything, but it really is sad when you see the finale and it is all setup for some amazing stories to be told after :(

Enjoy the last couple. So say we all ;)

that's no spoiler, but I had a sinking feeling in my gut that they wouldn't leave it open enough. Glad to know that there still could be an after-life. 2 more episodes to go.

thank the one true god.

btw...I just absolutely love where the tech is going. I want to see more of that. Love the concept of in-game characters becoming celebrities.