Jambands.ca

Phish performing for R&R HOF induction tonight

Basher

According to Fuse.tv:

"Phish will open the show with a few Genesis classics".

Don't think we get Fuse in Canada though, so I am not sure if we will be able to see this.

And now, from Phish.com:

Phish will perform at tonight's 2010 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony beginning at 8:30PM EST in New York City. The private ceremony will take place at The Waldorf-Astoria tonight and will be televised live on FuseTV and at http://www.fuse.tv . In addition, Trey will have the privilege of inducting Genesis into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at the ceremony.

The 2010 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees were chosen by the 500 voters of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. For more information, visit http://www.rockhall.com

Edited by Guest

Yeah, hard to tell how they really were based on the shit audio but Watcher of the Skies sounded good and No Reply At All sucked. I just never guessed they'd play a Genesis pop song. In that vain Turn It On Again would have been much, much better.

Trey's speech was totally geared towards Genesis geeks. I loved it.

The Stooges were great.

That was pretty painful, but I'm not a huge fan of Genesis and wasn't overly familiar with the tune selections. The Sound quality was horrific but I was watching it through a guys laptop camera.

I was loving the twitter feed rolling down the side of the screen I was watching as it was going on.

Best quote I read;

"Whose wedding is this?"

Listening to a good quality version of this reveals that Phish did a really good job with the music, too bad Trey can't sing too well -- though he does a decent approximation of Peter Gabriel, much better than this take on Phil Collins on No Reply At All.

Mike Gordon and Fishman in particular are really strong on Watcher Of The Skies. I hope they include it in their live repetoire from now on.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1qz1kzzf12t

Listening to a good quality version of this reveals that Phish did a really good job with the music, too bad Trey can't sing too well -- though he does a decent approximation of Peter Gabriel, much better than this take on Phil Collins on No Reply At All.

Mike Gordon and Fishman in particular are really strong on Watcher Of The Skies. I hope they include it in their live repetoire from now on.

Hey Ollie. Totally agree with ya. I caught this on my laptop at the airport in Charlotte yesterday. Watcher was fantastic. I can understand for people who've never heard that era Genesis and aren't familiar with that material may not "get it" on the first listen. I wanted to hear more!!! But not that "No Reply At All" :P I love my Phish with horns, but not on that ;)

Maybe now that they've played it, some Phisheads will give old Genesis a try. I've always pictured Phish nailing it in their own way (i remember posting something of the like on the interwebs wayyyy back in the stone age).