Jambands.ca

Phish Summer Tour Official - lottery closes tonight

Basher

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i shall likely not be mail ordering for much. Phish Inc fucked over so many people last year by sending out THE shittiest tix to fans via MO only to hold back the good seats and then see them scooped up illegally by the wiseguys.

the whole market was completely screwed up last year and hundreds of people had to eat their near-worthless, tradebait extras in the lot.

if the same insanity happens again this year with Phish Inc. sending out all the upper deckers during MO, people would be well advised to not buy anything and simply show up to shows.

only a few shows last year sold out.

... on that note - did you read Lefsetz piece on Thom Yorke (sp?) not selling out, and Miley Cyruss not seling out - all because you had to swipe your credit card at the gate, illiminating the scalper market. People that normally "sell-out" not even coming close...

Aside from maybe the very first shows after hiatius / reunions etc., who has ever had a hard time getting a phish ticket?

Maybe the one or two shows in Burlington at the Flynt. (or is it Flynn)

Yeah, I'm not sure about going for ANYTHING in the lottery other than the Greek Theatre shows. I would like to go to Cuyahoga Falls (Saturday night, 4.5 hour drive) for sure.

The Finger Lakes show (which is just an AWESOME little shed) is on a Tuesday night and would require 2 vacation days, and conflicts with the Hiatt and Helm show at Massey Hall.

SPAC is a thought, but I really don't want to be stuck on that shitty lawn.

Sad to say that by the time this tour wraps up, it will be more than a decade since Phish last graced this country with a performance.

very true MoMack, i think all of the monkey business is coming to light and artists and legislators are demanding some accountability, forcing TB and some of the venues to take these sorts of steps. we went to see tom waits a few years ago in detroit and it was a very rigid ticket policy. 100% willcall, show ID, wristband right there. extreme steps, sure, but I doubt there were many scalped tickets that night.

Aside from maybe the very first shows after hiatius / reunions etc., who has ever had a hard time getting a phish ticket?

absolutely. plenty of lot tix last summer. even NYE run tix in Miami could be grabbed outside cheap or at the box office. only 12-31 was actually "sold out", 12-28 was maybe 70% full, 12-29 was about 80% full and 12-30 was close to full, but not.

my understanding is that the main reason the hampton shows a year ago were sold out was due to the wiseguys hacking ticketbastard and buying a couple thousand seats. presumably, that wont happen again this year because they got caught and are facing charges now.

Finger Lakes is a nice little shed for sure. Saw the show there in '95 when they basically played Tweezer for the entire second set. I loved it, but the majority of the crowd didn't. People were streaming out halway through the set.

Cuyahoga Falls is also a nice place - very pretty area. I remember the cops being a little prickish, but again that was in summer '95, so things may have changed. Then again, maybe not.

Finger Lakes is a nice little shed for sure. Saw the show there in '95 when they basically played Tweezer for the entire second set. I loved it, but the majority of the crowd didn't. People were streaming out halway through the set.

Cuyahoga Falls is also a nice place - very pretty area. I remember the cops being a little prickish, but again that was in summer '95, so things may have changed. Then again, maybe not.

same shows here too. that was a fun tour. first real shed tour. then that jerry dude went and died and the world changed.

i really liked that finger lakes show. beautiful venue, great show, great time.

I was pretty drunk but I don't remember noticing that.

Wow, did I have a good time at that show.

Finger Lakes is a nice little shed for sure. Saw the show there in '95 when they basically played Tweezer for the entire second set. I loved it' date=' but the majority of the crowd didn't. People were streaming out halway through the set.

Cuyahoga Falls is also a nice place - very pretty area. I remember the cops being a little prickish, but again that was in summer '95, so things may have changed. Then again, maybe not.[/quote']

same shows here too. that was a fun tour. first real shed tour. then that jerry dude went and died and the world changed.

i really liked that finger lakes show. beautiful venue, great show, great time.

I also did the Deer Creek show prior to Cuyahoga Falls. It was my first multi-show Phish road trip. I had seen three or four shows before that in '93 and '94, but they were all one-offs that were within four hours of southern Ontario (or actually *in* Toronto, like my very first show!). Good times indeed.