Jambands.ca

Canadian University Tells Ann Coulter To Watch Her Mouth

Kanada Kev

I think it's wild that we'll ban Muslim clerics from speaking in Canada because they recommend violence against people like her, while we pay people like her to speak at our universities and then recommend violence against entire nations, religions and "races" of people.

She's a pretty bigot, but I can't even see her as "facepalm-friendly" because I'd just want to stab my palm.

I think it's wild that we'll ban Muslim clerics from speaking in Canada because they recommend violence against people like her, while we pay people like her to speak at our universities and then recommend violence against entire nations, religions and "races" of people.

She's a pretty bigot, but I can't even see her as "facepalm-friendly" because I'd just want to stab my palm.

It's more in how the violence is focused rather than the fact that it's violence.

But some of Coulter's political opinions may walk a fine line under Canadian law. In 2001, shortly after the 9/11 attacks, Coulter wrote of Muslim nations, "We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now. ... We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."
-rawstory.com

I don't think it's wild at all, and it's not at all comparable to anybody calling out to have that kind of opinion literally silenced.

Coulter is famous for stating, "not all Muslims may be terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims."
-rawstory.com

What an unfortunate turn of things. It's dismaying to see the comments at the bottom of the Citizen article, since they do point to the curtailed discourse about... whatever the hell it was that Coulter was going to talk about (however predictable it might have been).

Honestly - just let her talk, and then somebody with the right moxy can deliver something to give her pause. Can it really be that hard? What gets reported is up to those people whose job it is to report what happens.

I was thinking someone should have set up a two-way audio/video link, with Coulter somewhere either safely tucked away or over the border, with cameras and microphones pointed at her behind a podium fed to a screen at a theatre here, with mics and a camera in it feeding to a big screen in front of Coulter.

And I'd want a full team of journalism students in the audience, tweeting every alleged fact they hear her spout to a group of fully connected fact-checkers who'll be preparing the rebuttal presentation that'd follow right after Coulter was done.

Aloha,

Brad

This should be entertaining.

Ann Coulter prepares human-rights complaint.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 10:32 AM

Ann Coulter prepares human-rights complaint

Steven Chase

Right-wing firebrand Ann Coulter, who was forced to cancel her speech to the University of Ottawa Tuesday night over fears for her safety, says she’s the victim of a hate crime under Canadian laws.

She said she’s hired Canadian conservative activist Ezra Levant to prepare a human-rights complaint that will test how equitably these hate-crime laws are applied.

In an interview with The Globe, Ms. Coulter suggested the University of Ottawa’s provost, Francois Houle, is partly responsible for the angry crowds that opposed her speaking Tuesday night. He is the official who warned her in advance to watch what she said lest she incur criminal charges for hate speech.

The tribunal should take her complaint seriously, she said, “because either Francois [Houle] has created a climate of hate against me based on my membership in an identifiable group – or the whole human rights commission is complete horseshit.â€

Ms. Coulter said her aides told her protestors had been advised by some of her opponents to give her a rough welcome. “The liberal blogs were saying bring rocks and sticks and tar and feathers and don’t let Ann Coulter escape unharmed today.â€

The American conservative shock jock said Ottawans missed a “boffo speech†and the boisterous demonstrations only helped her prepare her human rights complaint.

“I would like to know if any Muslim has been treated this badly, at least since the Reformation, because I am drawing a blank,†Ms. Coulter told The Globe.

She also took a swipe at Canadians, saying this country has lost its edge.

“You guys used to be so cool. You were smokers. You had epic hockey fights. We had half our comedians from Canada. Now you’re all a bunch of girls named Francois.â€

Nothing more fun than a lunatic screaming about people calling her a lunatic. She really doesn't do her cause any good when she calls Houle a "girl" and an "A-houle" as well as the commission "horseshit".

But if she wants us to show the USA what they should have done years ago, then bring it on.

Bring it on bitch ;)

SHE chose not to speak. It wasn't cancelled by anyone but her.

I liked how somebody commented that Obama still went to speeches where spectators were allowed to care FIREARMS!!!!! He still spoke.

She'll be screaming and yelling giving her Fauxllowers something to bitch and moan about while they should be focusing on their own country.

What a joke ;)

Here's an account of what went down at the London, ON event:

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2010/03/22/13322401.html

A 17-year-old Muslim student sparked the testiest exchange and the loudest cheers and jeers at a speech by controversial U.S. conservative Ann Coulter at the University of Western Ontario Monday.

After a wide-ranging speech attacking gay rights activists, the mainstream media and the Barack Obama administration, Coulter took questions from an audience clearly divided in its support for her style of attack conservatism.

Fatima Al-Dhaher, a political science student from London, rose and spoke about comments Coulter made after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

The firebrand Republican had suggested Muslim countries be invaded, their leaders killed and all Muslims converted to Christianity. She later suggested Muslims denied air travel take "flying carpets" instead.

"As a 17-year-old student of this university, Muslim, should I be converted to Christianity? Second of all, since I don't have a magic carpet, what other modes do you suggest," Al-Dhaher said to loud and sustained applause.

"I thought it was just American public schools that produced ignorant people," Coulter replied, prompting her own round of applause.

Coulter then noted many Japanese were converted to Christianity after the Second World War and "we haven't heard a peep out of them."

To shouts of "Answer the question," Coulter finally replied, "What mode of transportation? Take a camel."

"Are you going to convert her now?" another student shouted out.

"No, there are some people I just as soon not convert," Coulter retorted. Al-Dhaher, who left the session soon after, said she came to the speech because it's important to hear all sides of the political spectrum.

But Coulter disappointed.

"She just spewed all this nonsense, it was a comedic act."

Coulter did not disappoint her many fans in the crowd of 800 with either her politics or her humour. Her 45-minute speech was loosely focused on political correctness, which allowed her to attack liberals of all stripes.

Liberals constantly complain their rights are being attacked in the same way blacks' rights once were, she said.

"In America everybody wants to be black. The feminists want to be black, the illegal aliens want to be black, the gays want to be black," she said.

Yet none of the complainers have anything serious to complain about, Coulter said.

"There are only two things gay men can't do. Number one, get married to each other. Number two, throw a baseball without looking like a girl."

But her jokes often had a serious point as well. "Every Democrat in the past several election cycles that has run for president has sworn to attack gay marriage, but only Republicans get attacked for gay marriage."

Backed by the mainstream media, liberals have turned political correctness into a weapon that tries to silence people with opposing views, Coulter said.

Liberal pundits suggest Obama's race helped him win the election, but conservatives cannot do the same, she said.

Feminists blame the Conservatives for an array of ills, but turned suddenly silent when former U.S. president Bill Clinton had sex with an intern, she said.

"Political correctness has nothing to do with offending people or not offending people. It is purely about power," she said.

"I would like to know if any Muslim has been treated this badly, at least since the Reformation, because I am drawing a blank,†Ms. Coulter told The Globe."

Let's ask any and all Muslim's that have been pulled aside for strip searches at airports what they think of that.

fuck, how do i get sucked into these things.

you need to prove she's an idiot' date=' brad? why bother. she gets moist knowing that people disagree with her. she'd have a full blown orgasm if you did that. [/quote']

... and there's probably an audience for that, too.

I'd favourite it on youtube.

FWIW, the soundbytes we hear on TV and the text of what went down really doesn't tell the whole story.

pGjB2oq9o8Q&feature=player_embedded

If you really expect her to answer a question that had to do with 'magic carpets' by interrupting her then expect a camel remark.

An Airline boycott isn't really all that out of line when it comes down to across-the-board racial profiling, yet because it came out of Coulter's mouth it's overdone??

bitch-please1.jpg