Jambands.ca

Running Mix

Ms.Huxtable

Guest Low Roller

Lots of good stuff along those lines Mx. Hux!

All of Cut Copy's album 'In Ghost Colours' is great. Here's a sample:

!!! (pronounced Chk Chk Chk) are a great band as well. Check out their album 'Myth Takes'

Hot Chip are a fun band along the same lines:

Shit, how about Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!

Phoenix are fun too.

Enjoy running!!!

Guest Low Roller

Yeah, the Von Bondies is another good one... Some more bands:

Of Montreal

MGMT

Junior Boys

I actually enjoy hip-hop when working out/jogging. The swagger in the music gives me more determination. You can jog with a gangsta limp!

hey ms hux! i am training to hopefully go in the 10K run in ottawa race weekend. i'm trying to think of some of my favourite songs that i run to -

mas que nada - black eyed peas w/ sergio mendes

lie in our graves - dave matthews band

love foolosophy - jamiroquai

i don't feel like dancin' - scissor sisters

bust a move - young mc

i gotta feeling - black eyed peas

american boy - kanye west & estelle

luna y sol - manu chao

made of stone - spiral beach

ants marching - dave matthews band

triptico - gotan project

a mover el culo - illya kuryaki [this one is super cheesy but reminds me of my time in costa rica]

hey ya - outkast

aaj ki raat - slumdog millionaire

rumba de barcelona - manu chao

A few favourites:

Jurass Finish First - Jurassic Five

Technobeam - The New Deal

Tweezer Reprise - Phish (although I normally save this for the very beginning or very end of a race)

Tessie - Dropkick Murphys

Now They Will Know We Were Here - Jimmy Swift Band

Bro Hymn - Pennywise

One Big Holiday - My Morning Jacket

Also, the Live Music Blog has some "Hippie Workout Mixes" that normally do the trick for me. Here's a link to Volume 4, which I haven't tried yet. Halfway down the page there are links to the first three. I've listened to numbers 2 (Bisco) and 3 (Phish) on some of my longer runs and bike rides and I highly recommend them both.

As the person who likely does the most running/listening to music and is giving the least ironic answers trust me on these:

In The Morning - Junior Boys (LowRoller's right about this one - a beautiful song, very inspiring and a great way to start any day or run)

Happy Up Here - Royksopp

Rome, Fences, Girlfriend, Armistice, Listztomania, 1901 - Phoenix (so basically the whole Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix album)

Moonson, Seasun - Delorean

Right Side of My Brain - The Dream

(the last one would be a really good warm up/cool down song and yes may sound like the slow jam jiggy R&B song that it is but I dare you not to be a) touched B) motivated by this song)

As the person who likely does the most running/listening to music and is giving the least ironic answers trust me on these:

In The Morning - Junior Boys (LowRoller's right about this one - a beautiful song, very inspiring and a great way to start any day or run)

Happy Up Here - Royksopp

Rome, Fences, Girlfriend, Armistice, Listztomania, 1901 - Phoenix (so basically the whole Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix album)

Moonson, Seasun - Delorean

Right Side of My Brain - The Dream

(the last one would be a really good warm up/cool down song and yes may sound like the slow jam jiggy R&B song that it is but I dare you not to be a) touched B) motivated by this song)

As the person who likely does the most ironic posting and is giving the least untruthful of advice I submit that it is nearly impossible to misjudge the validity of the previous statement.