Jambands.ca

Worshiping the Boognish on HalloWEEN

MamaPink

quote:

Originally posted by LittlemissPink:

Hey Brad - Steve doesn't have a costume yet either. Maybe you could go as eachother?

[big Grin]

Hmmm...maybe if we got (semi-)matching bland, dark suits, largish name badges, and carried bibles and "informative literature" we could go as members of the Church of Latter-Day Saints?

Mind you, our level of consumption of recreational consumables might limit peoples' belief in the costumes...

Aloha,

Brad

Meg - put in the "wink wink" wherever you want to be exempted from a nasty remark. For example, "You have dog breath and look like a baboon's arse [Wink][Wink] " See... now I don't have to feel bad about what I said and you shouldn't get offended!

Brad - I think that's a great idea!

Stapes????

boyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy, AM I????

i can almost taste it! sigh, only 82 more hours.... and counting! that's such a funny pic, gener rules. and... so does deaner.

ha ha, that's a great costume idea miss pink!

and hey brad & steve, if you wanted to tie some ween into it, you guys could always go as perce & geoff. i mean c'mon, there's bound to be a bunch of mr. richard smokers there, but who else would arrive as perce & geoff?

but if you wanted to do something solo, a wwf theme is always worth a laugh. you could even make your own ween inspired character. "i am fancy pants, feel my pissy dribble!"

although ha ha, i gotta say, the latter day saints is pretty good. just watch out for any real life thumpers. [smile]

Uh, the only problem with (me) coming as something Weenish (Weeny?) is that I've never seen Ween before, nor have I heard a lot of their music. (What I've heard, I've liked, but I'm unfamiliar with a lot of their songs.) Who are perce and geoff (and how would one costumize oneself into one or both of them)?

Aloha,

Brad

brad, i think that's awesome you're this excited to go and you aren't even a huge ween freak yet (YET being the operative word... after you see them, you'll know what i'm talking about here). [smile]

are you familiar with the song mr. richard smoker? there's a line in the song that says "perce and geoff will pick you up at tennnnn". so basically, (well, as i picture it) perce & geoff are of the 40-ish slimy-chic gay community, mr. richard smoker's good friends. if you listen to the song and pay close attention to the lyrics, you should get a feel for it.

i have two blonde mullet wigs i would be happy to loan for the cause if you guys are interested. add a leisure suit or two, maybe some pantyhose & aqua net, menthol cigarettes (also mentioned in the song) and you're good to go!

but if you wanted to do something else ween related, there are countless little jokes you could pick up on, i'm sure if we all put our heads together we could give you a bunch.

I went to see ween for HalloWEEN 2001, and let me warn against going as a Reggaejunkiejew or Dr. Rock. Most overused costumes there. If you can find a decent Mollusk costume, you're in like Flyn. Otherwise:

Japanese Cowboy

Stallion (maybe the Italian one?)

Captain Fantasy

Puerto Rican

Someone who's "stuck in a cabana living on bananas and blow" (this one could be good!)

Frank

Fat Lenny (a bit overdone though)

if you want to get really offensive, you could be "waving my dick in the wind". But remember you'll be in the US.

To get you guys drooling, here's the setlist from the show I was at....

10-31-2001

Patrick Gym, UVM

Burlington, VT

Set 1

Captain Fantasy

Don't Get 2 Close (2 My Fantasy)

Take Me Away

Mr. Richard Smoker

Waving My Dick In The Wind

Buckingham Green

Ice Castles

Bananas & Blow

Albino Sunburned Girl

Mr., Would You Please Help My Pony

Touch My Tooter

Dr. Rock

I Can't Put My Finger On It

Voodoo Lady

Piss Up A Rope

Band On The Run

Don't Laugh (I Love You)

Roses Are Free

What Deaner Was Talking About

I'm In The Mood

Jonny On The Spot

Fat Lenny

Frank

Spinal Meningitis

Booze Me Up, And Get Me High

The Blarney Stone

You Fucked Up

Sketches Of Winkle

LMLYP

Have fuN!

blane, THANK YOU!

i didn't think it was possible to get any more excited for this show than i already am... that set list gave me goosebumps. wow.

hey, did anyone ever locate a copy of the 2nd disc of the rochester show? i'd love to get my paws on that. sighhhhhhh, that was (so far) the best concert i've been to this year.

quote:

Originally posted by PalacePrincess:

hey gang, guess what we'll be doing 24 hours from now....

I'll probably be anxiously waiting for Velvet (my ride) to get to Ottawa from Toronto and come and pick me up. That, and working on my costume...

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by LittlemissPink:

Hey Brad - what time are you guys planning to get to Burlington?

Best guess would be dinnerish. Velvet's in Toronto, and will be leaving from there (he said) around 9am on Friday, which would put him in Ottawa around 1pm; figure a four-ish-hour drive from Ottawa to Burlington, add an hour or so for leeway and unforseen occurrences, and we're there in time for some pre-show falafel at Ali Baba's [big Grin] . IIRC, it'll be Velvet, me, jaybone, and howler in the V-mobile.

Are you guys (and which guys are you, in total?) at the Super 8?

Aloha,

Brad

Brad - It's just Palace Princess & I driving up from Kitchener, but Stapes is meeting us at the motel (and yeah, we're staying at the Super 8)

We're leaving k-dub at 8:00am - so we should probably be arriving around the same time as you guys.

The room is booked under my name: Miranda Bauman

Come a knockin' when you guys arrive!

(btw... what about TheSloth, is he not coming [Confused] )

Archived