Jambands.ca

Henrik Sedin = MVP

dave-O

My money this year is on Ilya Brzygalov. Phoenix would be nowhere near where they are now if it wasn't for him. The leading point producer in Phoenix is Wojtek Wolski with 59 points. Phoenix has 100 points and an outside chance of winning the West. Considering how their season started and what the expectations were they have surpassed all of this as a team. Brzygalov is the best of the bunch. I know it's rare for goalies to win the MVP but this guy deserves it.

For a good comparison, the last goalie to win the Hart was Jose Theodore of the 2001-02 Habs...

67 GP

30-24-10

2.11 GAA

.931 SV PCT

7 shutouts

Leading point scorer on that Habs team was Yannick Perreault with a whopping 56 points

Ilya Bryzgalov 2009-10:

66 GP

40-20-5

2.31 GAA

.920 SV PCT

8 shutouts...

That's pretty damn similar all around...

But Vezina has to stay with Miller... his stats are better for both SV PCT and GAA (.929 and 2.21)

I could probably be even convinced that Miller may be deserving of the Hart as well, but since Phoenix is such a cinderella story, Bryzgalov gets my nod as well...

Apologies to Ryan Miller, but Bryzgalov takes the Vezina for sure this year.

Jack Adams - Dave Tippett

Calder - Tyler Myers

Norris - Drew Doughty

Selke - Ryan Kesler

Lady Byng - Steve Downie

Nahh...

Hart - Ilya Bryzgalov

Vezina - Ryan Miller

Jack Adams - Dave Tippett

Calder - Jimmy Howard

Norris - Duncan Keith

Selke - ???

Lady Byng - Martin St Louis (Downie??)

I don't really understand the qualifications for the Lady Byng, most points + fewest PIMs doesn't exactly equal "most gentlemanly", but whatever...

Probably should be St Louis or Brad Richards.

I like the Jimmy Howard pick too (despite your obvious bias towards goalies), Meyers play has tailed off a bit.

I like the Jimmy Howard pick too (despite your obvious bias towards goalies)

I most definitely do favour the goalers, but feel Howard is the most deserving rookie (technically a rookie), and Bryzgalov has done more with much less in Phoenix, than any Sedin sister did in Vancouver...

They always say the playoffs stats have no effect on the awards, but it doesn't hurt if you take your team far..

I don't really understand the qualifications for the Lady Byng

Evidently.

Forget points, do you think Steve Downie displays "sportsmanship" as well as "gentlemanly conduct"?

You get one 5 minute major for boarding or something similar and you can pretty much cancel out your chances on the Lady Byng. That's how I see it.

;)

Norris - Drew Doughty

That's a lock ... would be a shocker if he didn't get it.

How many games other than the Olympics have you ever seen him play to call him your "lock"??

We barely ever even get LA highlights' date=' and he doesn't have it statistically...so??[/quote']

Actually, Reginald von Hoobie-Doobie, i've seen a few. I don't know about your Interwebs, but I sure can watch highlights from all games on all days throughout the season.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console

Doesn't have the numbers? He's second on his team in points, 5 game winners, great shot %, etc. His team would be far less competitive without him.

Maybe 'lock' was too definitive a word ... he'll be competing closely for the trophy with Duncan Keith ...