Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go - Fan Forum 2010

badams

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been comfortable with Frasor as the closer. 2 blown saves in 6 chances. not good.

Tallet showed his true colours last night too. gonna be a looooooong season. Happy the boys are hitting though.

I was sitting 12 rows behind home plate last nigth and the ump's strike zone was a little erratic. However, Tallent didn't adjust and was painful to watch; Peavy sucked too. Frasor has sucked so far this season. A decent to good closer will have 4-7 blown saves a season. Frasor is on pace to, well, I don't know what his pace will be, but he could blow 10 saves before mid May.

that ump pissed Peavy off right away and he never recovered....and you're right, Tallet didn't adjust to the strike zone (it was a little high, imo) but if you're in the majors and you can't fix something like that you won't last long. all part of the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Just enjoy their good play while it lasts. And fuck Ozzie Guillen and the fucking Sox and their beat writers that dumped all over Toronto for bad attendence. Chicago's attendance hasn't been good either and neither are the gates at many ballparks on any given night (last night was ok). All drawing flies are: KC, Oakland, Mets, Cinci, TB and Pitt.

Yes, the attendence is embarrassing at Jays games, but if Toronto were located in the States, it wouldn't get singled out by US media. We are a big fish in a small sea and thus under a spotlight.