Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go - Fan Forum 2010

badams

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That game was fucking awesome. I was 5 rows behind Bosox dugout. In the 9th, PalleBUM is out there. First and Third, none out. We're yelling at him "he's going he's going". Dumb ass must've thought he was in Boston - he fakes over to first. Now we're in his head. Pa-pel-bum-pap-el-bum, and he gives up the tying hit (or sac fly it might have been). It was amazing. Never felt like I've had that much impact on a game. Good thing I was drinking or the Jays might not have won.

MoMack for player of the game!!! Good work man.

I was right across the street at work doing fuckall. Could have been over there for the fun :( Damn you work!

My buddy emailed me from Boston when the game was over elated that the Jays had come back to beat Boston (he's got a good hate on for Boston fans, except those of the Bruins )

its just nice to be able to go out there, give it 110% (or $10.25/beer) and pick up your pitcher. Been having a bit of a rough year on the sidelines, so when your number gets called you just have to put all that behind you and focus on the job. It took me a while to know my role on this team, but I think I've got it. Hopefully we can build on this, go out next time and maybe get started a little earlier (maybe a morning ceasar?) and try and step it up again when the team needs me.

From an article at BlueJays.com

"There was a panhandler there asking for change," Anthopoulos said during a recent phone interview. "She had a sign up asking for a donation, and at the bottom of her sign, she wrote, 'Go, Jays, Go!' I haven't seen that before.

"It makes you think, 'Wow, people are really getting excited about this team.'"

~Alex Anthopoulos