Jambands.ca

no Phish 3D in Canada? WTF?

doohdoohhead

Sorry if this is an old topic, but I just found out about the Phish 3D movie coming out in theaters april 30. So i went to check my local listings and it wasnt appearing. I did some research and apparently it's not scheduled to come out in Canada! :confused:

What the heck? }:(

:susel:

They haven't announced where it is playing yet, so I think you are jumping to conclusions. Unless you want to talk to the research you conducted...

I'm just speaking from experience. Last year the documentary "More than a game" about LeBron James' youth wasnt shown here either. maybe you're not so concerned if you live in toronto or vancouver cause you at least have limited showings for smaller films. But here in Edmonton it's not the case.

I hope I'm wrong!

I did some research and apparently it's not scheduled to come out in Canada!

This research was the general perusal of your experience? Wow.

Anyhow, the Dave Matthews Band 3D movie that played in December, and was made and distributed by the same company doing the Phish 3D movie, played in Toronto and one theatre in the Toronto burbs.

I don't know if it played it Edmonton, but to be honest I would be shocked if it did. I also wouldn't expect Phish 3D to play there either.

On the Phish 3D Movie Site where it is asking for your zip code, enter your postal code!

They are harvesting that info for a reason.... If any one area (obviously I am not sure on the criteria) reaches the needed critical mass deemed neccesary for a break even venture- I am sure it will play there.

I did some research and apparently it's not scheduled to come out in Canada!

This research was the general perusal of your experience? Wow.

Anyhow' date=' the Dave Matthews Band 3D movie that played in December, and was made and distributed by the same company doing the Phish 3D movie, played in Toronto and one theatre in the Toronto burbs.

I don't know if it played it Edmonton, but to be honest I would be shocked if it did. I also wouldn't expect Phish 3D to play there either.

[/quote']

Well there you go then.

Phish had a thing on Facebook either last night or this morning, where they were asking people for input on screening locations as well.

I don't know how long in advance they announced the locations for the DMB thing, but I would imagine we'll have our answer right around the time of the 4/20 advance screenings.