Jambands.ca

Quick soccer question

Hal Johnson

Fuuuuuuuuuck ya.

Its far easier to get away with a dive in the NHL though once you take into account of the sticks, boards and speed.

But there are uncalled dives in soccer that have prevented me from enjoying the game as much as I used to, which ties into the theme of your paper. The blatancy is a slap in the face to the fans of the game.

Dont even start with me how much I absolutely HATE that double-call Jaimoe. Its hypocritical of the league to force that shit.

How can you get a tripping (defender) and a diving (attacker) penalty on the same play? It's notfucking possible!

%100 agreed! If they call a dive it should instantly negate the "phantom" infraction that caused the dive.

They should also call it "diving" and the refs could use a great Diving hand signal when announcing it. Fuck the unsportsmanlike conduct ... call it a DIVE! Then make them wear a Speedo on their next shift.

Dont even start with me how much I absolutely HATE that double-call Jaimoe. Its hypocritical of the league to force that shit.

How can you get a tripping (defender) and a diving (attacker) penalty on the same play? It's notfucking possible!

It's a coward call by the refs and does nothing to discourage soccer-inspired dives.

Sometimes it stinks, sometimes it's legit. It's quitefucking possible!

Disagree. If somebody is rightfully tripped/hooked/etc so be it. However, if they feel that infraction and feel it is necessary to embellish/dive that completely NEGATES the primary infraction. That is such an unsportsmanlike and uncompetitive fucking move. No way in hell it should happen in a sport of toughness/grit/pugilism to have a bunch of fakers.

It irks me when players who are tripped/hooked/etc instantly look to the ref and throw their hands in the air and start whining WHILE THE PLAY IS STILL LIVE!!!! Keep going until you hear a whistle no matter what.

Speaking of "faking it" if a play is whistled dead due to an "injury" to a player (not from a regular stoppage) and they have to get the trainer on the ice and all, then that injured player should NOT be allowed to be on the ice when the play starts again.

[color:purple]Maybe they should allow the coincidental minors when it includes a diving call. However, the result of that diving call means that the instigator rule/penalty gets thrown out for the rest of the game :) :) :)

Edited by Guest