Jambands.ca

Rush - Moving Pictures in its Entirety Tour

bouche

My first Rush album was All The World's A Stage. I found it and a few other albums in a box someone had set out for the trash, sometime around 80-82, I forget exactly.

The album was warped pretty badly (why they were tossing it I imagine), but for 8¢, it played without skips. :thumbup:

I think Esau was referring to the ancient practice of taping coins to the tone-arm of your turntable so a warped record would play!

Yes Sir. I knew someone would get it.

ah yes, an 8¢-er was it then? that's a big warp alright

It was a huge warp, and I may be adding a penny or three actually. Fuckin' inflation.

ahhhh... i remember one rainy cold morning, in my room and watching that record label spin round and round, just tripping out my sober 13 year old mind while I discovered the wonders of "Moving Pictures". I just sat there and stared at the LP spinning, just listening in awe.

Great band, excellent album.

• 3 months later...
I'm pretty sure I saw Kanada Kev grooving to uninspiring new Rush up on the lawns. However, the concert was a good one. Best song for me was "Working Man", although "Limelight" fucking RULES!!!!

I was up on the lawn for the whole night lovin' it (except when it was time for a bathroom break ... why do they HAVE womens' washrooms at Rush shows )

Had a great time and the crowd was fantastic from where I was. A classic Canadian evening of Rush, beers and buds :)

• 2 months later...