Jambands.ca

John Prine Tribute Album Unveiled

Blane

Could be great, but playing with some pretty sacred material here, so hope they do it right.

http://www.twentyfourbit.com/post/78316804/john-prine-tribute-album-broken-hearts-dirty-windows

Late last night on Twitter, Bon Iver broke the news about a forthcoming John Prine tribute album featuring cover songs by Conor Oberst, Justin Vernon, Josh Ritter, My Morning Jacket, the Avett Brothers, and 7 others. Dubbed Broken Hearts & Dirty Windows: Songs of John Prine, the record will hit shelves via Prine’s record label, Oh Boy, early this summer (June 22).

Until then, you can check out Vernon’s cover of “Bruised Orange (Chain of Sorrow),†which is streaming at NPR, here, My Morning Jacket’s live rendition of “All the Best†(as well as a slew of other MMJ covers) here, and Conor Oberst with Bright Eyes covering Prine’s “Crazy As a Loon†(he chose a different tune for this tribute album, here.

Tracklist: Broken Hearts & Dirty Windows: Songs of John Prine

01 Justin Vernon - “Bruised Orange (Chain of Sorrow)â€

02 Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band - “Wedding Day in Funeralvilleâ€

03 My Morning Jacket - “All the Bestâ€

04 Josh Ritter - “Mexican Homeâ€

05 Lambchop - “Six O’Clock Newsâ€

06 Justin Townes Earle - “Far From Meâ€

07 The Avett Brothers - “Spanish Pipedreamâ€

08 Old Crow Medicine Show - “Angel From Montgomeryâ€

09 Sara Watkins - “The Late John Garfield Bluesâ€

10 Drive-By Truckers: “Daddy’s Little Pumpkinâ€

11 Deer Tick: “Unwed Fathers†[ft. Liz Isenberg]

12 Those Darlins: “Let’s Talk Dirty in Hawaiianâ€

this should be interesting. i DL'ed some of those MMJ covers, including the all the best, it was pretty meh.

i cant wait to hear old crow cover angel from montgomery. when i saw prine last year, maybe 2 yrs ago now? my dad gave me and the wife 3rd row tix for the massey hall show, it was amazzzzzing. he had this great female fiddler open up the show, carrie rodriguez, and also sing a few duets with him at the end of the show, man what a great concert. first time my wife was in massey, she was blown away by the nice acoustics.

• 1 month later...