Jambands.ca

Los Lobos @ Hillside 2010

NewRider

I'm going to weep. Los Lobos was one of my earliest musical loves and not just that La Bamba shit, I remember saving up to get this really expensive at the time double disc set.

Seriously phishtaper you've got to do some back channel communicating with Baijal for me. I gotta get off the blacklist.

^ exactly! One of the most important groups in American music history in my humble opinion. Has anyone ever heard the stories, pretty credible I believe that Paul Simon was stumbling with Graceland and that the label brought in Los Lobos and there was collaborative stuff they were brought in to do and there was their tunes, I think they played Will The Wolf Survive and they feel Simon rejigged it and it's one of the prominent songs on Graceland now in a different form. I forget the exact details but they felt, and it sounds rightly, massively burned.

This will be a great opportunity to see an awesome band. Whenever they come to Toronto, they always end up playing a room much smaller than they should, which ends up selling out in 48 microseconds.

last time I saw them in Toronto it was FREE and outside at Harbourfront Centre...still packed though!

It may have been the same time but connected to a Harbourfront gig they did a panel discussion at noon in the Brigantine Room or something and played a bit as I remember there were so few people there and it was a brilliant chance to listen to and interact with the band.

This will be a great opportunity to see an awesome band. Whenever they come to Toronto' date=' they always end up playing a room much smaller than they should, which ends up selling out in 48 microseconds.[/quote']

last time I saw them in Toronto it was FREE and outside at Harbourfront Centre...still packed though!

That was a killer show too... so much fun. Would love to see them again sometime.