http://www.nufunk.ca presents...

Wassabi Collective CD Release for "Get it"

Saturday May 29th, 2010

Hideout - 484 Queen St. W

w/ DJ ?uesquecest

$10 at the door

Wassabi Collective (Nelson, BC)

http://www.wassabi.net

Wassabi Collective, a spicy five-piece from the arty, alternative-thinking small town of Nelson, B.C, Canada has been busy spreading their positive west coast vibes. The band’s sound fuses everything from pop, rock, hip hop, roots reggae, funk, jazz and everything in between, wrapping it all up with their own identifiable twist that has captivated dance floors and won them legions of fans across the country. Together, Melissa Meretsky (vocals& percussion), Brent Hongisto (vocals&guitar), Jimmy Lewis(vocals&drums) Rahj Levinson (keyboards) & Andrew McCormick (bass) are hailed as one of Canada’s best live independent bands, having placed in the Peak Performance Project Top 20, they are ready to take the world by storm. The quintet released their first full-length studio record, “Stories Not Forgottenâ€, which won Album of the Year at the 2008 BCIMA’s and Melissa took home Female Performer of the Year. (They were nominated in 7 categories in the last 2 years). The band’s music has been featured on the PBS series Roadtrip Nation, they were the #1 ‘On the Verge’ Band in Relix Magazine, have been awarded a People’s Choice Award at the Independent Music Awards and won 4 Toronto Exclusive Magazine Provincial Awards. The band have shared the stage with Bedouin Soundclash, Micheal Franti & Spearhead, K-OS, Femi Kuti, Hot Hot Heat, Randy Bachman, Bassnectar and Adham Shaikh. “Wassabi’s joyous sound takes you on a cosmic carpet ride from satisfaction to pure bliss…THE ULTIMATE FEEL GOOD ELIXIR!†(Exclaim Magazine)

DJ ?uesquecet (Nufunk, Make it Funky, House of David Gang Soundsystem)

Straight out of Toronto, DJ ?uescequest has been throwing down beats between sets at live events for years, sharing the stage with Femi Kuti, Wassabi Collective, God Made Me Funky, King Sunshine, Moses Mayes, Soulive and many others at Toronto's Revival, El Mocambo, The Sound Academy, Rivoli and Great Hall. As a part of Toronto's the Make if Funky Crew, DJ ?uesquecest has worked with DJs Fort Knox Five, Krafty Kuts, Mat The Alien, Kid Gusto, All Good Funk Alliance and Big League Chu. Playing a mix of breaks, dub, funk and worldbeat -DJ ?uesquecest's eclectic tastes always get crowds dancing!

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...

What an odd decision to make.

Do I go to Wassabi, one of the most-feelgood bands I know, for the whateverteenth time, or do I go see Hate, who are coming in from Poland and whom Ive never seen? Hate's opening for a band I don't much care for, but I'm worried I might never get to see.......

Screw it, think I've made up my mind. Jaydawg, hope the show goes well, but I think I need Hate.

Enjoy Wassabi, everyone.

:content: