Jambands.ca

Layover after Boston Phish?

bradm

I've got some vacation to use or lose by the end of the year, and I was thinking that, since I was in Boston on Dec. 2, and have never been to Boston before, that it might be good to stay over a few days (like, to the end of the week and/or through the weekend) and do some sightseeing.

Is Boston in early Dec. an OK place to visit? Another alternative (which would break up the trip home) would be to do a couple of days in Boston, then head to NYC for a couple of days, then back to Ottawa.

I'm not particularly worried about expenses (i.e., can afford decent hotels), so I'd be looking to stay in downtownish places. Any thoughts, recommendations, etc., would be appreciated.

Aloha,

Brad

Boston is ALWAYS a good place to visit. I have been there a few times in the summer, which is obviously nicer for walking around and such. As far as places to stay without regard to cost, the Mariott Long Wharf is in an awesome spot, one block from Fanueil Hall and Quincy Market.

-

Mariott Long Wharf

While in town, be sure to get over to Cambridge (an easy subway ride on the "T") and check out the Harvard campus. SO nice.

quote:

Originally posted by c-towns:

You could catch 3 nights of Phil and Friends at the Beacon in NY city, if its not sold out of course.

I just tried, and I could get an upper balcony for Dec. 3, but nothing for Dec. 4 or 5. [Mad]

Thanks for the info, though. I think I want to stay in Boston at least through Dec. 3, so even the one ticket I could get doesn't help.

Aloha,

Brad

Archived