Jambands.ca

NHL Playoff Thread

dave-O

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this journalist watched games 1 through 4 of the series...

The Habs D has been called on many questionable or phantom calls, and the Pens got away with murder in game 3 with many infractions not being called against them (Don Cherry showed 6-7 alone which should have been called against the Pens).

Crosby has received the benefit of many calls in the series, but is still whining like a baby..

There has been more consistency the last 2 games I'd say though...

I completely spaced on this game. Fuck. On the bright side, i weent out to an actual bar and got kinda drunk tonight, so at least I participated in something. I kinda felt a Philly win coming too, so im not surprised by the outcome, but the manner in which it was acheived...looks good on Boston (sorry Esau!). The Celts look really good in for the NBA title, and the Pats are a bunch of jerkfaces, and we all know how fucking terrible the Bosox are...the last thing we need is the Bruins doing anything worthwhile. I love lamp.

That was enjoyable.

What a way to go down Dany, sitting in the box on a cheap slashing call as Byfuglien scores another gritty game winner there by completing the sweep. Other than Leclaire's "come back" game that was my favorite moment of the playoffs.

Shadenfreude!

From todays Sun:

"And so it comes to pass, San Jose fans learn what Ottawa fans already knew: Heatley gets paid based on completing an 82 game season. There is little motivation for him to compete in the playoffs. The playoffs are not as much fun because they require hard work, every shift and the other team is contstantly hitting and checking you. Consistent with the past, Heatley plays with only one thing in mind: himself.

Ian Heide- Ottawa

ed note: The Sharks were really swept away by his play."