Jambands.ca

NHL Playoff Thread

dave-O

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I surprisingly and strangely found myself pulling for Phillie (Claude Giroux still lives in the glorious oasis that I call home, d'Orleans!!!!) but I can live with the results.

Unlike some, I'm happy for Hossa, nothing wrong with exercising your free agent rights IMO and he was a great Senator.

For me it's really about the Leaves now being tied for the longest no cup streak and sole owner of the dubious 43 years and not a sniff of the finals streak. So awesome they're officially the most futile franchise, not that there aren't a bunch of teams that are far behind but every one of them has at least made the cup finals in my lifetime.

Thanks Hawks.

Unlike some, I'm happy for Hossa, nothing wrong with exercising your free agent rights IMO and he was a great Senator.

+1 from me, and I don't think Sens fans in general have ever held anything against the guy. I thought the whole "Hossa curse" talk was hilarious though.

That's understandable, we all realize that this thing called "winning" is a strange and foreign concept to you, try to settle into it.

It goes without saying that I was cheering for the Flyers. I picked the Hawks (in 6) in all my pools though.

A win for the ages for Chicago Blackhawk fans will likely go down as a game for the ages for the NHL.

Game #6 between the Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers, won by Chicago on a bizarre Overtime goal by Patrick Kane, scored a hockey-massive 5.7/10 overnight rating, likely making it the highest rated National Hockey League game in 37 years, breaking a mark that last year’s Penguins/Red Wings Game 7 set. This is perhaps the highest-rated game on record, and the first time I’ve ever seen a 10-share associated with an NHL game.

The game peaked from 11-11:30PM with a terrific 7.1/13. The game finished in 2nd place overall in the ratings from 8-10PM, while the lowest rated half-hour was 8PM again, with a 4.3/8, topping almost every half-hour of Game 1. The game averaged a 6.6/11 in the 10PM hour, winning that particular timeslot, before coming up with the huge 7.1 rating after 11PM. The telecast ended at 11:30 PM. The game scored a total 5.5/9 in primetime.

Overall, the game was up 30% from last year’s Game 6 (a 4.4/7). Overnights from Game 7 of last year’s record-setting Penguins/Red Wings game are unavailable. Numbers are preliminary, but all indications from the metered markets are that this game will break that game’s ratings, as the game drew a final rating of 4.2 and 7.9 million viewers, and the ratings for Devils/Mighty Ducks in ’03 (4.6, 7.1 million viewers) to become the highest-rated hockey game since 1973.

actually, i was just baffled by Booche's mastery of overnight US network ratings and analysis in this situation. It was then that I realised that it was news from another site and not "straight from the horse's mouth" ;)

7 minutes "old" phew :P

I was just joking around and thought you had just made the simple mistake of missing Booche's post thus the mildly humourous pic, now I'm baffled why you felt the need to link to an article that you knew was quoted in it's entirety 2 posts above but then again I thought it was obvious Booche was quoting. No biggie but I want you to issue a refund for the depreciation of one mouse click on my mouse, that shit adds up.