Jambands.ca

Official Ottawa Bluesfest 2010 Thread (first post contains current lineup)

bouche

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a great lineup...kind of wish it had been released earlier. Summer plans are well underway for me at this point and I don't think I can make any of this happen. I think even the 'lesser knowns' look/sound extremely promising. You lucky o-towners!!

I'm still expecting Ween to be announced...

Spoke to Gener last night...

Uh... flaming lips AND ween? I don't know if I could handle that... seriously. But I would.

By the way, do you talk to Gener often? I do, in my dreams... all the time. He tells me he loves me and then sings Johnny on the spot in a cappella - all slow and sultry. mmmm.

FULL FESTIVAL PASSPORT

2010 Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest Full Festival Transferable Passport

There is NO reserved seating.

With this passport you will receive 1 ticket for each day of the festival.

Tickets are fully transferable.

Allows general admission to LeBreton Flats Park.

A limited number of passports are available at the current price. Once this price sells out, prices are subject to change without notice.

Onsale Date:

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Noon

WEEK 1 FESTIVAL PASSPORT

2010 Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest Transferable Week 1 Festival Passport July 6-11th, 2010

With this passport you will receive 1 ticket for each day of the first week of the festival July 6-11th.

A limited number of passports are available at the current price. Once these passports sell out, prices are subject to change without notice.

Onsale Date:

Noon

WEEK 2 FESTIVAL PASSPORT

2010 Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest Transferable Week 2 Festival Passport July 13 - 18th, 2010

With this passport you will receive 1 ticket for each day of the second week of the festival July 13-18th.

A limited number of passports are available at the current price. Once these passports sell out, prices are subject to change without notice.

Onsale Date:

Noon

no prices listed. guess we'll find out in 45 minutes.

no mention of July 12 anywhere.

So I went to bed angry at the Ottawa Senators last night.

But woke up to the sweet sound of Ollie telling me that Iron Maiden is confirmed! Yeeha! Can't believe it! Then he tells me about Further...what?!!! Yippee! Then he tells me about the Flaming Lips...hooray! And then Rush... very cool! Steve Hackett...nice!! The Musical Box?!...weird but great! Hold Steady...no way! And so on!

I got up 15 minutes earlier than usual. Happy! Love it!

Ottawa Senators...whatever. See ya at Maiden losers!

I stand corrected Ollie. Still seems weird to let the fest sit dark for a day, but maybe I'm just bitter because that is the first day of my vacation.

Going over the list it seems that, compared to other years, they haven't really dished out the big money for acts. Now I have no clue what these acts charge or what the Bluesfest budget is but it seems scaled back. I mean who on that list would be really that expensive besides say Santana? There's lots of Canadian bands, mid tier acts and unknowns.

I'm hoping this means they saved their dollahs for some more big names, I guess we'll see.

I stand corrected Ollie. Still seems weird to let the fest sit dark for a day, but maybe I'm just bitter because that is the first day of my vacation.

Going over the list it seems that, compared to other years, they haven't really dished out the big money for acts. Now I have no clue what these acts charge or what the Bluesfest budget is but it seems scaled back. I mean who on that list would be really that expensive besides say Santana? There's lots of Canadian bands, mid tier acts and unknowns.

I'm hoping this means they saved their dollahs for some more big names, I guess we'll see.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/entertainment/Indie+upstarts+classic+rockers/2931955/story.html

This year's talent budget will come in at about $5 million, said Monahan, which is up about $1 million from last year. "It's hard to top every year but I would say if you look at the major festivals across North America, this lineup stands with the best of them," Monahan said. The theme is Bluesfest Goes to Hollywood, a nod to the fact that actor Kevin Costner and his band, Modern West, are booked to perform July 17.

Monahan said the $5-million total includes the money spent on programming the Blues in the Byward offshoot festival, which will feature free outdoor concerts in the Byward Market over two weekends: July 9-11 and July 16-18. That lineup will be announced in mid-May.

This year's talent budget will come in at about $5 million, said Monahan, which is up about $1 million from last year. "It's hard to top every year but I would say if you look at the major festivals across North America, this lineup stands with the best of them," Monahan said. The theme is Bluesfest Goes to Hollywood, a nod to the fact that actor Kevin Costner and his band, Modern West, are booked to perform July 17.

Monahan said the $5-million total includes the money spent on programming the Blues in the Byward offshoot festival, which will feature free outdoor concerts in the Byward Market over two weekends: July 9-11 and July 16-18. That lineup will be announced in mid-May.

Okay so they must have a ton of cash left over for the Byward shows, this is great news!

I was just checking out the volunteer section and found a couple cool things

---------------------------------------------

Mill Street Pub – The Mill Street Pub will be located in the Main Bowl of the festival. The pub will offer fans a taste of specialty branding in a unique setting and pub atmosphere. The Mill Street Pub will present a broad range of draught beers that include seasonal offerings not available in bottles at the LCBO and The Beer Store. The pub will boast 5 to 7 draft taps, pub food, and big screen TVs. Pub patrons will be also be offered wine, coolers, and non-alcoholic drinks

and this seems like a great way to get a free ticket.

Social Media – Social Media volunteers, who will be located at various locations through the site, will be asked to tweet and blog about performances and exciting things happening at Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest.

Title: Social Media Reps

Duties: We are looking for social media reps to assist us with getting the word out, on various social media networks, about the exciting things happening at the festival.

Skills: excellent interpersonal and communication skills; customer service experience; professionalism and attention to detail; social, energetic and willing to learn; courteous; polished customer service skills; ability to use discretion and tact effectively and identify appropriate messaging; ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.

Special Requirements: 15 years of age and over; knowledge and understanding of social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Blogging, etc, willing to work in all types of weather; no drinking or smoking while on duty.