Jambands.ca

Coffee preferences

bouche

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why in Ontario "regular" means 1 cream and 1 sugar. Who is that regular to? Out here I say "a medium cream and sugar please". I suppose it might be because people around here are notorious for the "triple-triple".

Where I am it's "single single," "double single" or "triple single," etc, which I refuse to play along with. I'm doing my part to get the "regular" thing to catch on though, as I always order like so: "Can I please have a regular- oh, I mean 1 milk, one sugar?" The place that I go to is starting to get it too. :) You'll thank me once it's in PEI, Punk; its a much easier and more efficient way of ordering. ;)

I just got back from Seattle. They have a crazy coffee culture in that area. I went to a few small fishing villages and they had "espresso stands". Similar to a chip wagon in Ontario. Every small town had at least one small stand selling tasty special roasts- all sourced from cool spots and heady organic goodness.

Tasty stuff.

Also, Starbucks is really popular there.

Where I am it's "single single," "double single" or "triple single," etc, which I refuse to play along with. I'm doing my part to get the "regular" thing to catch on though, as I always order like so: "Can I please have a regular- oh, I mean 1 milk, one sugar?" The place that I go to is starting to get it too. :) You'll thank me once it's in PEI, Punk; its a much easier and more efficient way of ordering. ;)

Regular= 1 milk 1 sugar!!! Like hell I'll thank you if I ever get milk instead of cream! I'm trying to fatten up. :o

I believe I was misquoted. I get offered coffee all day as my job requires me to visit restaurants frequently, but I stick to one good cup in the morning- I hate to admit it, but I'm a Starbucks man- bold roast- a bit of cream and a splash of sugar.

I believe I was misquoted. I get offered coffee all day as my job requires me to visit restaurants frequently, but I stick to one good cup in the morning- I hate to admit it, but I'm a Starbucks man- bold roast- a bit of cream and a splash of sugar.

That was my statement not jaybone. bouche misquoted it as his signature at some point. I still require massive volumes on a daily basis and I'm currently enjoying a cup of instant Nescafe.

Edited by Guest

'A restaurant that refused a blind man entry because it thought his guide dog was "gay" has been ordered by the Equal Opportunity Tribunal to pay him $1500. Woodville North man Ian Jolly, 57, was barred from dining at Grange restaurant Thai Spice in May last year after a staff member mistook his guide dog Nudge for a "gay dog", the tribunal heard this week. A statement given by restaurant owners Hong Hoa Thi To and Anh Hoang Le said one of the waiters had understood Mr Jolly's partner Chris Lawrence "to be saying she wanted to bring a gay dog into the restaurant. The staff genuinely believed that Nudge was an ordinary pet dog which had been de-sexed to become a gay dog," the statement said. Mr Jolly and Ms Lawrence were refused entry to the restaurant - which displays a "guide dogs welcome" sign - even after providing staff with a guide dogs fact card'

Edited by Guest
?!?!?

Bacon.png

Bacon Syrup

Bacon enthusiasts will recognize the same savory, meaty flavor as authentic bacon in this salty, sweet syrup. Torani Bacon syrup adds savory bacon flavor to cocktails, lattes, sauces and more. Just add 1/2 - 1 oz. of syrup to a 6-8 oz. beverage, and enjoy this innovative new flavor from Torani.

http://www.torani.com/products/bacon-syrup

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest
Add link.

• 2 weeks later...

No mentions for Jet Fuel ?!

One of Toronto's best indie coffee shops; a favorite amongst east-siders and cyclists, in house roasting, every shot is a potent double shot*, pretentious attitude and grumpy staff, only $2 a coffee regardless of how you like it served, plus it would be an understatement to say the patio is burner friendly.

* if you're not a caffeine junkie, Jet Fuel will leave you WIRED