Jambands.ca

Another computer / internet question

AD

Thanks in advance....

I first ran into this problem last year - When I try to view the Ottawa Folk Festival's website from my home connection it shows me the pre-announcement webpage from 2009. When I go to the artists page it shows me the 2009 info at the 2007 link. http://www.ottawafolk.org/2007/generalinfo.html

It's all messed up. I just wanna look at the current version of the webpage. It shows up normally on my iphone and from my work computer so wouldn't expect the problem to be on their end.

Any ideas what the issue could be? My computer is up to date, defragged, maintained regularly for normal computer health things, etc...

Fullscreencapture1205201073440PMbmp.jpg

Nope, cache / temp / history is cleared every day. Registry is cleaned every day. Defrag done monthly. System cleaned and free space overwritten many times daily. Virus checker / spybot / ad-aware runs daily.

I cleared the cache just now to try your suggestion anyways, and no change.

Thanks though, I'll try any and all good ideas. Makes me wonder if there are other sites that I look at or that I will look at where I won't be seeing the most up to date version...

Aside from Chrome, have you tried firefox, IE, safari, or Opera?

If you're still seeing the internet from 2009, start checking for wormholes, and rips in the time-space continuum. How many gigawatts are you running? 1.21 is too much and will throw your computer in the past.

Page loads the same on Chrome, Firefox and IE. I don't have any other browsers on my system to try. But since those 3 agree I'm guessing it's not the browser's fault.

My gigawatts are out of control, now that you mention it. Hmm.

I'm not sure what the problem could be (or was perhaps) but when I click the link in your original post this is what I get.

19591765.jpg

Are you still getting the page you posted?

The only link from the above pic that seems to work for me is "Home". That link takes me to the site homepage and from there the other options seem to work fine.

It's all messed up. I just wanna look at the current version of the webpage. It shows up normally on my iphone and from my work computer so wouldn't expect the problem to be on their end.

It might be that the problem is with your ISP. That would be another difference between your work and home computers. Might have something to do with their DNS name servers. Or not. Can't hurt to send them an e-mail either way.

Esau and Bouche:

Still messed up. When I click that link in my first post (It's the "Summer Festival" link from the homepage, the first screenshot I posted) this is the page that comes up.

Fullscreencapture1305201044048PM.jpg

I'll send an email to my ISP to see about that DNS thingamajig.

Here's my hosts file:

# Copyright © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.

#

# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.

#

# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each

# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should

# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.

# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one

# space.

#

# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual

# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.

#

# For example:

#

# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server

# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost

::1 localhost

There was also a hosts.msn file but it was identical.

Okay, the line below is suspect although I doubt it is causing your trouble:

::1 localhost

Put a # in front of that line (i.e. # ::1 localhost), then save the file. When you save it, click save as, and make sure you change the file type from txt file to all files, because that file has no extension.

It seems I don't have the proper administrative rights to change things on my own computer, so I can't edit the hosts file right now. But, I did search out that ::1 thing and found that ::1 is the ipv6 notation of 127.0.0.1, so removing it won't make any difference in this case.

• 3 weeks later...