Jambands.ca

Trews release song for soldiers

bouche

Does the official release also feature Heisholt?

QrkgV5bl7kQ

The Trews’ “Highway of Heroes” celebrates that stretch of road between CFB Trenton and a coroner’s office in downtown Toronto, where hundreds gather on bridges and overpasses to mourn soldiers killed in Afghanistan. The song hits TV and radio tomorrow, and will be available for purchase on iTunes May 18. It was inspired by the 2006 death of Capt. Nichola Goddard, the first Canadian female soldier killed in Afghanistan.

Read more: http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/blogs/theampersand/archive/2010/05/13/the-trews-release-song-for-canadian-soldiers.aspx#ixzz0nuLvd0n3

Read it on National Post

Sure does.... it's (almost) my studio accordion debut. Steve Murphy wins that one. ;-)

The band debuted this song in Hamilton in November at the start of our acoustic tour... and the response we got from people about it has been incredible. It sadly hit home for a lot of folks. Especially after we played for troops overseas in February, releasing the track this way was the obvious choice. Net proceeds from the song will go to the Canadian Hero Fund ( www.herofund.ca ), a charity that provides academic scholarships to the spouses and children of soldiers killed in combat.

Edited by Guest

Am I an idiot or is there not way to get to the mixed version of the tune? The article is using the audienced mic version and doesn't point to an actual recording of what they appear to be promoting for the Trews.

Going to the herofund site has a rotating image show, but doesn't have any link or info for this tune.

Where exactly was this released? I feel like I'm missing something, or something is missing.

3rd time I heard this song, I got a tear in my eye from the accordian. Great job JH.