Jambands.ca

Steven Strasburg (article)

Schwa.

BJ Ryan was old when he had it.

Check out John Axford, closer for the Brewers hailing out of pictious Port Dover on Lake Erie. He was supposed to be a first round draft but had Tommy John while pitching at Notre Dame. Took him a bit but he got there. I'm goign to say he is 5 years removed from surgery.

That Marcum guy is having a good year too.

Question, is Carpenter a power pitcher? Axford, as a closer, I presume is - but wonder if that changes the equation.

(and BJ also came back from surgery with a Human lookinG size back wHich may count for something)

Not 15 mil down the tube. He'll be back after TJ and stronger probably. Not sure how that works on the F.A. thing.

by the time he's back to being what he should be, he'll probably be in the last or 2nd to last year of that contract, and looking at a new big one because we all know Boras wont allow anything less... so yeah, for this contract, its kinda like 15 mil down the tubes - what are they gonna get out of him for the next year and a half to 2 years, maybe longer? i do agree that in time he could ressurect his career though - look at Francisco Liriano in Minnesota - the guy is a beast, but i think he had his surgery in 2007. it takes a while to get it back.

• 1 year later...