Jambands.ca

Cornmeal & Tea Leaf Green at The Great Hall July 16th

Jay Funk Dawg

No CORNMEAL what a bummer, I guess this makes next weekend so much better!!! My feet never touched the ground during there ALLGOOD set this year,(I know from experience to be right up front where all the foot stomping and dust/mud creation is)and they turn me into a dancing machine again!! I LOVE them for it. Here's hoping that they get there bus fixed up and have nothing but smooth sailing!

It's going to be a great show with now with only TEA LEAF GREEN, it's a shame about Cornmeal's vehicle troubles, they'll be back soon to make up the date. Thanks for everyone for understanding and we hope you can come out just for Tea Leaf Green who will now be ripping up two sets. As we are rebuilding Toronto's jamband scene we would appreciate you all to come down and support this show.

I have to give you guys props for this part. I woke up the other day and realized I've been acting old.

Was a good time and a nice venue - sound could have been crisper.

Went down to the show, and yes the sound was a little muddy in back, but down front it got better. What a seriously beautiful room. I like TLG, but I also wonder whether the promoters are willing to give a little back to the folks who paid full price and didn't get what the wanted. The door price was seriously cheaper, so I hope maybe when CORNMEAL comes back maybe there's some love for the folks that paid full price for this half bill...

Fun night anyways, but oh, what could have been was the theme running through my head throughout the night and wee hours of the morning.

My first time at the venue. Beautiful indeed. INCREDIBLE potential. But yes, muddy sound, esp in the back. Their final set was good.

Thanks to Mickey for the ride, Cully for the hospitality and all the other kind folk who made my night so fun.

It was going to be a big stretch for me to make it to Toronto for this, and then when I read that Cornmeal wouldn't be there, I took it as an omen to avoid the possibility of hurting myself with the stretch.

Kudos to Jaydawg for trying to (re)build the scene and I hope that TLG makes the journey this way again as I still haven't seen them.

Cornmeal kicks ass. At least they have the two times I've seen them. I hope they make it back this way again, and I hope to get to see them again at a festival south of the border.

Peace, Mark

They're gonna be at Nelson Ledges next weekend as part of the Akoostik Hooka festival, A few of us are gonna drive down on Friday, so if you have the time....

I thought I kindly requested that you refrain from bringing this up ever again ;) Have fun though. Damn.