Jambands.ca

NHL Free agency 2010

Guest Low Roller

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Ballsy move by the NHL. Let's see what the Devils response is.

Would this have been the first contract that pays someone over $10M a year?

I think its a solid move by the NHL to challenge it. All this contract was designed to do was pay a guy the big bucks he wanted, but keep his cap hit low. No one in their right mind expects Ilya to play out those seasons from 2022 and onwards.....Everyone knows that its just a nice golden handshake.

It was a clever contract and I think this one gets through on the loophole; the law has to catch up with reality in this case. I also think it will ensure a new rule is set in place at the CBA to eliminate this total bullshit in the future.

Interesting..........

“I would agree we shouldn’t have these (types of contracts),†Lamoriello told Tom Gulitti of the Bergen Record. When asked why he would sign a player to such a deal, he said, “You’d have to speak to ownership about that.â€

“I would agree we shouldn’t have these (types of contracts),†Lamoriello told Tom Gulitti of the Bergen Record. When asked why he would sign a player to such a deal, he said, “You’d have to speak to ownership about that.â€

What a fucking cop out from Mr. Lou Lamoriello

CEO/President/General Manager (not much grey area there). Check this hiearchy and tell me he had no idea. The president blaming his staff- hmmmm never heard that one before.

http://devils.nhl.com/club/page.htm?bcid=njd_the_management

Lets sick Woodward and Bernstein on him!

This is too good not to share. Rahmer sent me the following email:

Great conspiracy theory I just read - What if Lou Lamoriello knew that the NHL would likely kill this deal? Purposely went way over the edge on structuring the deal, and in one foul swoop he puts an end to these type of deals.

Which is why I brought it up.

His was the first contract that came up with a solution to keep the yearly cap hit as low as possible. Before the salary cap, noone would have given a contract like that to a player like Dipietro. GM's simply used that idea and worked it to the bone.

Guest Low Roller

Only a true Leafs fan would know that.

(also, if you believe my Grandmother, Ukrainian and Belarussian were nothing but the language of the uneducated working class, and not deserving of their own country. Therefore according to my Grandmother's logic, Poni is Russian-Canadian)