Jambands.ca

Furthur VT show CANCELLED

Kanada Kev

July 5th Shelburne Vermont Show CANCELLED

From Furthur.net

July 5th Shelburne Vermont Show CANCELLED

To All Of Our Fans Who've Purchased Tickets To Our July 5 Show in Shelburne, VT:

After days of meetings to address and alleviate last minute concerns being expressed by State and Local Authorities, Furthur is very disappointed to learn that today (6.24), the local authorities, citing an inability to deal with an expected influx of ticketless fans, traffic concerns, and other issues, have revoked the approved permits for the show and have decided to cancel Furthur's concert at Vermont's Shelburne Museum on July 5. As the decision was made by the local authorities so close to the event date, regrettably we are unable to find a suitable alternate venue in Vermont. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience!

Full & complete refunds will be available soon via point of purchase.

If you bought tickets online you'll automatically be refunded.

** Replacement Show Added For July 5 **

We have added a new show on July 5 to replace the recently cancelled show in Vermont.

Furthur will be appearing for an intimate show at

The Sherman Theater - Stroudsburg, PA

A limited amount of tickets will be offered online via pre-sale starting June 25 @ Noon ET.

Public on sale: Saturday, June 26 @ 10:00 AM ET.

We are truly sorry that we couldn't find a suitable venue in Vermont to replace the cancelled Shelburne show, but at this late date, there was nothing available. The Sherman Theatre in Pennsylvania, where we will now be playing on July 5, is a terrific & very intimate venue.

Regretably, tickets for the cancelled July 5 Shelburne will NOT be honored at the Sherman Theater show. We hope to return to Vermont at some time in the future.

Again, our sincere apologies!

---------------------------------------------------

GDTS TOO refund info coming soon

To paraphrase the original news release:

We are old dudes playing old songs reasonably and we couldn't draw enough people to a field outside Burlington at the end of a long weekend to make the show worth doing...

Bob is 62, Phil is 70, and people are going to see them.

...and the problem with that is? I guess nobody should ever go see Levon Helm either, cuz that would be horrible.

It's not like they're tennis or basketball players or anything. Phil is still one of the best bass players alive imo. Bobby is Bobby, there's nothing anybody can do about that.

You'll be old too someday, and I hope nobody comes to visit you. :whyyou:

I was just referring to bones' post, that's all. nothing wrong with being old or playing music.

no problems, I was just joking around. I'm imagining you are going to go for that show at bluesfest? If so, I hope to see you there. It's going to be interesting, my first time (finally after years of wanting it to happen but was just unable to pull it together) and I'm going to be totally sober because it will also be my sons first time to see the dead(ish) too. I think it's probably the better way to experience it anyway.

To quote elemeno after his interesting "stoked" statistics, I'm stoked.