Jambands.ca

Happy monday ya'll

CyberHippie

fu@k yeah! Happy Monday!

I had an excellent weekend.

Friday night - played with Dr.Huxtable to a sold out crowd at Barrymore's. Lighting dudes tossed out tons of bubbles. Got loaded at Lowroller's after, drunkingly jamming with Dave-O while ms.hux and Lynn overtake a mouthy The Sloth at caps.

Saturday night - had a great dinner/visit at Indika's and getting to see their new baby and seeing the Hood's for the first time in a long time. Ended up at home later playing some Call of Duty on the PC.

Sunday - LAZY DAY! Played Call of Duty some more, and watched Mighty Wind. Recorded the Simpson's Halloween special and Malcolm in the Middle for viewing at a later date. Ate Beef Stew.

gracias.

...not a bad weekend in Lindsay. friday, saw a band called 'howlin junction' local, old guys, mostly covering van morrison, and a lot of weak, old-guys howling. fun, nonetheless. also, was able to determine which of my classmates are friends of illicits. haha... "whats this?"... "oh, thats just a mushroom, eat it." [big Grin]

saturday night, caution jam. somehow, i didnt make it out. oh well... saving myself for ween tonight.

gotta love weekends that dont end 'till tuesday... and start again on wednesday with dj vadim in ptbo!!!

quote:

Originally posted by CyberHippie:

Wow, that halarious. I had no idea if Gowan was even still alive. I used to say my old boss had Gowan hair, I'm hoping that doesn't still apply.
[Wink]

Hey CH! Yeh, Gowan replaced Dennis DeYoung in Styx a few years back. And although he doesn't have the same crazy coloured-stand-up-mullet thing anymore, he did have some kind of wacky long-bowl-cut thing going on. Funny stuff!

- M.

Nope, haven't played one of those long RPG's in a while. They take up too much time...although, I'm kinda looking at STAR WARS:KOTOR as a very interesting RPG.

So, yet another gaming geek means that we probably need a Gamers forum in here so we don't clog up the cavern with gaming talk.

My weekend sorta started on THursday with a wicked night of music in peterborough - Harry Manx at Market Hall then Po Girl at the Trash! Harry Manx put on the perfect concert. Po Girl was a nice follow-up but nothing in comparison. They managed to pack the Blue Room though. Friday night I and my housemates were all over Peterborough - saw Otonabee Groove at Market Hall, saw The Chains at the Gordon Best Theatre, among other spots. The Chains (mod-ish band from Montreal) crashed at our place and we partied till morning. Saturday and Sunday were very unproductive but I did watch a bunch of movies (Wayne's World, Waking Life, A Mighty Wind, Punch Drunk Love) and I made chili. [big Grin]

Ahhhh, great week for Calgary, although Thursday is sure up in the air;

Monday: Free Mystery Band (my guess is either The Hip or Sam Roberts)

Wednesday: North Mississippi Allstars

Thursday: Stephen Franke and the Noises from the Tool Shed

or

White Cowbell Oklahoma

or

Rubbersoul (Beatle's tribute band)

I'll be sure to enjoy, and I really hope its not Sam Roberts tonight.

Was a weekend I guess.....

Great show friday at PJC no doubt,wasnt able to go like I normally would,but hey thats the price for workin at the door.A couple of arses that made my night a bit stressed...the bottle throwing incident wasnt to pleaseing,but a good crowd as usual for PJC,loved the Cats!!And it was great to party with the BNB boys after the show til the sun came up.....then we started drinking again at a buddies,which carried us to the wee hours once again,then some Brian Griffith at Ivorys in Hess..always a great time,another late night of partying with zero sleep from friday mornin' til sunday eve..then off to Collingwood all day to work.Now its 50 time all over again..

quote:

..send the kids to your sisters I coming home drunk!!

So now I am expirencein' I guess what ravers(at one time) called "blue monday"....ex-cess I guess.....got to love that false sense of happiness.. [Roll Eyes]

Somewhere along the line we never made it to Toronto......

ps. I also got to meet a great gal on friday.That definatley was my highlight.

quote:

Seems like "A mighty wind" was a popular pick this weekend. "wha happen?"

Earthfreak and I also watched A Mighty Wind recently and Waiting For Guffman like 4 times this weekend!!!

No joke!

Christopher Guest, Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara, Fred Willard....geniuses!!! [Cool][big Grin][Wink][Razz]

quote:

Originally posted by CyberHippie:

Seems like "A mighty wind" was a popular pick this weekend. "wha happen?"
[big Grin]

I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHEGahehjehehhe. [big Grin]

To tell ya the truth, I liked Waiting For Guffman least out of all of those movies (Best In Show, Spinal Tap, A Mighty Wind).. But they're all still hilarious.

Archived