Jambands.ca

OLD CROW MEDICINE SHOW -TUESDAY, JULY 13TH @ PHOENIX

Jay Funk Dawg

Holy Moly! these guys never dissappoint!!

what a great show, got there around 630, not many kids lined up yet, got in no worries, ran into Jules the birthday girl and lowRain, thats always a treat, to run into friends.

the whole show was outstanding, but ill try and list the highlights/what songs i remember them playing.

me and sanz yelled Crazy eyes til we got it, that was so nice! ketch said something like this ones crazy eyes, straight outta toronto lol

cowgirl in the sand for encore was ridiculous, and that neil tune in 2nd set, 4 strong winds? insane, my wife, being from AB, shat her pants lol

great versions of tear it down, alabama hightest, caroline was awesome, Reubins train was off teh hook, never saw them do that one before. HUMDINGER! let it alone, both sung by Kevin the guitjo guy, amazing, VA creeper, some new tune they sd they just wrote, tinytown USA r something? hear em all, raise a ruckus, so many good tuens, cant remember em all. nice switcharoo, with willie on banj and Gill on guitar for a tune, but no TN pusher, i hope you guys get it in Ottawa, you will be blown away

afterwards, met the new guy, mandolin moustache. he didnt wanna smoke one, he wanted to meet girls, so we went for a bite to eat.

all in all, i dont like that venue very much but it was a great fun night, even got away with smoking a few inside.

bring em back soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alabama Hightest was THE highlight of the night for me, just kicked 'er down and dragged 'er out! What an amazing show! The guys were on GD fire, and they just kept on givin' the standing, stomping crowd more and more till the frenzy was at a fever pitch!

Well done OCMS, both All Good and TO were thoroughly rocked!

Tarrytown is NY, on the Hudson River. Used to live in that area of the Tri-State...

Last night was off the hook! Love these guys and definitely hope the feeling's mutual and they make their way back soon. It just may have been the first time I've seen the Phoenix get down like that...

p.s. Anyone jot down a setlist?

Edited by Guest