Jambands.ca

Princes 20Ten all over the Torrent sites

bouche

Now the Prince declared war on the internet and exclaimed that he would not be putting his music through iTunes but instead release his new album, 20Ten as an exclusive to British newspapers, you can find it all over the internet for free. The exact opposite of his comments from earlier this week.

Prince either planned this well so he'd put the sharing and bandwidth resources in the hands of the torrent users or he's just crazy and ready to dump lawyers on every torrent indexing site and rapidshare hosting account on the internet.

Personally, I think this was well calculated. He got a huge payout from the brit newspapers and they handled the delivery. Now the sharing that's happening is getting it in more hands and he doesn't have to drop a dime on the bandwidth costs of delivery.

Word has it that Radiohead didn't make a whole lot of money from their pay-what-you-want experiment because the Terabytes used in transferring the high quality mp3's would have cost quite a pretty sum.

That's my 2 cents.

Who wants a copy? Not in stores. Available exclusively for free via torrents. I'll send a rapidshare link to anyone that PM's me.

Prince either planned this well so he'd put the sharing and bandwidth resources in the hands of the torrent users or he's just crazy and ready to dump lawyers on every torrent indexing site and rapidshare hosting account on the internet.

Well I would normally agree with this sorta thing being well planned scheme if it were any other artist, I'm more inclined to go with the crazy & gearing his lawyers up for a massive internet sweep.

His track record of how he treats his fans says it all, as far as I am concerned.

His track record of how he treats his fans says it all' date=' as far as I am concerned. [/quote']

Word. His purpleness is lameness when it comes to this crap.

You guys are probably right. I'm gonna fight for the long shot here though. I'm a Prince fan and I'm proud of it.