Jambands.ca

Bluesfest safe haven

zero

Last night I saw security taking bottle after bottle out of a dudes bag at the gate. Both the security and the dude were chuckling about it the whole time and in about thirty seconds dude walked through the gate to enjoy the show.

This is the exact reason I came up with the toss over the fence trick- came up around 2pm and was surprised by the first guard actually searching anything. He found my two Strongows in my chair and I told him I was going to go and leave the chair with my bike at the bike stand. Headed behind the Subway stage, heaved the chair over next to the fence and voila.....had an idea on how to bring everyones booze in later on.

zero I still don't know how on earth you got searched 100x more than anyone else- or if you are just talking about it more than everyone. You walked in beside me on three seperate occasions where our pockets were stuffed with tall boys. I dunno maybe its just the flat brim hat attracting all of the negative attention.

That one dude doing security at the back gate on Saturday was a little over the top- but he told me he was on orders from up high to search long and hard because the Keith Urban crowd would be sneaking booze in. True story.