Jambands.ca

Wook of the Year

jaybone

All they found of him was a muddy set of prison clothes, a bar of soap, and an old rock hammer, damn near worn down to the nub. I remember thinking it would take a man six hundred years to tunnel through the wall with it. Old Andy did it in less than twenty. Oh, Andy loved geology. I imagine it appealed to his meticulous nature. An ice age here, million years of mountain building there. Geology is the study of pressure and time. That's all it takes really, pressure, and time. That, and a big goddamn poster. Like I said, in prison a man will do most anything to keep his mind occupied. Turns out Andy's favorite hobby was totin' his wall out into the exercise yard, a handful at a time. I guess after Tommy was killed, Andy decided he'd been here just about long enough. Andy did like he was told, buffed those shoes to a high mirror shine. The guards simply didn't notice. Neither did I... I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes? Andy crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to. Five hundred yards... that's the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile.

Guest Low Roller

Didn't know where else to post this. Nicholas Cage on Letterman said the following:

"I had a bag of mushrooms in my refrigerator. My cat used to sneak into the refrigerator and eat them. The cat ate them voraciously, so I thought what the heck, I better do it with him. I remember lying on my bed for hours and Lewis was on the desk across my bed and we just stared at each other for hours – not moving, just staring at each other, and I had no doubt that he was my brother… But having said that I don't do that anymore. And you know what, later in life when I was completely not doing any of that, I know he said hi to me."