Jambands.ca

EPL 2010-2011 (and other soccer stuff)

ollie

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am eager to see if they actually make it to the group stages but, nah, I just wanted to post this tidbit and instead of using the old thread figured it's time for the new season, what with friendlies, transfers and such underway.

Red Bull vs. Spurs this Friday. Henry's debut I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know, just heard an advert on the Team this morning. "Now in HD".

I would hope not since they already charge an arm and a leg.

I'm going to wait and see how much more coverage TSN has this year before deciding whether or not to give Setanta another go. The HD is a huge bonus though.

The Sports Network (TSN) and Rogers Sportsnet, Canada's two largest cable sport channels, have divided up English Premier League (EPL) soccer telecasts here over the next three seasons.

The distribution agreement will see TSN2 air Saturday morning and Monday afternoon matches, with the remainder of the schedule to be shared between Rogers Sportsnet and the premium pay channel Setanta Canada.

Setanta Canada is jointly owned by Rogers Sportsnet-parent Rogers Communications and the Setanta Group.

TSN taking EPL games follows Rogers and Setanta reupping their multi-year Canadian broadcast deal for the British soccer matches from August 2010.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/world/news/e3i424ad23a01d5797d7d98d66421306c1f

Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner admits he no longer "shared a common view" with departed manager Martin O'Neill on how to take the club forward.

O'Neill is understood to have quit Villa after four years because he was not guaranteed all the money from the expected sale of James Milner to Manchester City to buy new players.

Lerner admitted at the end of last season he would prefer a 'sell-to-buy' policy after backing O'Neill financially for the previous three summers.

But the American is adamant there has been no change in Villa's approach to building the club and being as competitive as possible.

Lerner insists the immediate priority is to resolve the Milner transfer and give support to caretaker-manager Kevin MacDonald.

The Cleveland Browns owner, in a statement, said: "Having had some time to reflect on Martin leaving, I can say that our most immediate focus is supporting Kevin MacDonald and resolving the situation with Manchester City and James Milner.

"As for explaining why Martin left, I can say only that we no longer shared a common view as to how to move forward.

"To deal in greater detail would do little but cause additional distraction for the club as it faces imminent games and the clear priority of hiring a permanent manager.

"Finally, there have been no changes in our approach to building the club, aiming always to be as competitive as possible given our size and resources."

Edited by Guest
reposted some oldish news...

Thanks for that, Hickster, I'm in.

VERY SLIPPERY

G- Cech

D- Terry ©, Stam, Assou-Ekotto, Jagielka

M- Lampard, Milner, Giggs, De Jong

F- Agbonlahor, Adebayor

Subs- Cudicini, Zuiverloon, Mascherano, Piquionne

Should be fun.

:content:

HAHA No problem if you know anyone else tell them about it I wanna try and get a good number of people there so we can get some good competition Good job this week so far

Whoa! What happened to Carlsberg?

Dunno, but that was odd, seeing em in something else, didn't seem right.

Y'all got schooled by Hart yesterday, why the fvck wasn't he England's # 1?

Still, after West Brom, the view looks good from where I sit, Utd V Newcastle tomorrow ought to be a good one.

Hickster, hells yeah, away we go. To the rest of ya, join his pool, its very well set up.

:content: