Jambands.ca
Sign in to follow this  
bouche

Arcade Fire spoiler alert

Clean your soul by buying it though ok?

I've got the double vinyl coming by mail so I don't even want to click on this. The magic of playing vinyl for the first time is completely ruined by playing leaked mp3's in advance.

The vinyl purchase also provides mp3's (or is it flacs?) upon release. They gave out 2 preview tracks which I allowed my self to listen to. Glad I did as they got me excited for the album.

I would think it would be flacs or even full wavs.

That seems to be the trend for recent vinyl releases: The Hold Steady were full wavs- for a total of 450 Mb for a 10 song, 38 minute album.

confirmed...

includes: Premium digital in 320 kbps MP3, FLAC or Apple Lossless

City With No Children takes lyrical cues from dark places but allows instrumental light enough to seep into the mix, creating an end product that’s like the finest Hold Steady song never written.

Not really...douchebag. The day THS pine for 'instrumental light'- will be the day Win eats a double hamburger and wears a flat brimmed ball cap.

City With No Children takes lyrical cues from dark places but allows instrumental light enough to seep into the mix' date=' creating an end product that’s like the finest Hold Steady song never written.[/quote']

Not really...douchebag. The day THS pine for 'instrumental light'- will be the day Win eats a double hamburger and wears a flat brimmed ball cap.

LOL! High five to that o/

BBC thinks it's better than OK Computer.

Dave-o does not.

You could call it their OK Computer. But it’s arguably better than that.

That's fucking bold. However, OK Computer can't be held so high forever.

I won't personally throw in my opinion until the lp's come in.

This thread reminds me I still have to buy tickets for the Toronto island show. August 14th. Are any of you cats planning on going? I also wish I had a credit card only so I could buy this as well as other albums on vinyl.

BBC thinks it's better than OK Computer.

Dave-o does not.

You could call it their OK Computer. But it’s arguably better than that.

That's fucking bold. However' date=' OK Computer can't be held so high forever.

I won't personally throw in my opinion until the lp's come in.

[/quote']

In fairness, the first time I heard OK Computer I thought it was boring as hell.

In fairness, the first time I heard OK Computer I thought it was boring as hell.

I didnt like anything 'recent' aside from Phish and Grateful Dead XLII's I was still catching up on. I was bitching like I have always bitched and then heard OK Computer.

I havent been the same since.

I loved OK Computer when it came out. Tried for a shot at tickets so see them play Operahouse on that tiny club tour.

The new Arcade Fire is really fucking awesome and makes Neon Bible sound like poop but it's no OK Computer!