Jambands.ca

Makin' me proud, Chatham!

Schwa.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The E-bike story reminded me of a story from high school.

I was driving home from school - on the main drag, downtown chatham. I came to a stop, then a second later hear a thump behind me and feel my car shake a little. I look in my rearview and see this guy semi-plastered onto my back window and sliding down. He'd hit the back of my car with his bicycle and gone over the handlebars onto my back window.

He gathers himself off my car, shakes his head, looks around and says, "Whoa".

Picked up his bike and rode off.

MEVILLE RUNNING IN CHATHAM

Posted By THE DAILY NEWS

Posted 13 hours ago

Another resident has announced his intention to run for Chatham-Kent council in the upcoming municipal election.

Darcy D. Meville submitted his nomination to run in Ward 6 Chatham on Monday bringing the total to nine candidates seeking one of the six available seats in the ward.

So far, Coun. Marjorie Crew is the only incumbent to officially announce she is seeking re-election.

The other people vying for a seat in Ward 6 include: Michael Bondy, Bruce Caldwell, Duncan Davidson, Mary K. Lee, Jack Long, Chris Lozon and Derek Roberston.

This is fucking funny shite right here!

MEVILLE RUNNING IN CHATHAM

Posted By THE DAILY NEWS

Posted 13 hours ago

Another resident has announced his intention to run for Chatham-Kent council in the upcoming municipal election.

Darcy D. Meville submitted his nomination to run in Ward 6 Chatham on Monday bringing the total to nine candidates seeking one of the six available seats in the ward.

So far, Coun. Marjorie Crew is the only incumbent to officially announce she is seeking re-election.

The other people vying for a seat in Ward 6 include: Michael Bondy, Bruce Caldwell, Duncan Davidson, Mary K. Lee, Jack Long, Chris Lozon and Derek Roberston.

This is fucking funny shite right here!

holy. moley. Good luck, Mvarce!!

alright, I'll bite who's Mvarce?

This is an old friend of our's. Let's just say it's unusual that he'd run for any sort of office, ever.

First name Darcy. First name when drunk; Mvarce. Mvarce used to feed his dog cheeseburgers and got her addicted to the pot. Everytime a doob would circulate the room, the dog would follow it begging for the toker to blow smoke in her face.

DarceMvarce for Ward 6!!!

Mel: Oh my God. Jemaine, are you okay?

Jemaine: Yeah.

Mel: You're out? Did the cops try to strip search you?

Jemaine: No.

Mel: Did they find anything?

Jemaine: No, they didn't strip search me.

Mel: Oh, I--I thought you said they did.

Jemaine: No.

Mel: Oh, well, did any of your cellmates, you know, rape you in the a--

Jemaine: No. No no no.

Mel: Oh good, good. Cause if--if I was a convict, you know, and I was in a cell with a pretty boy like you, I would definitely wait till lights out, put my hand over your mouth--

Jemaine: I've gotta--I've gotta go.

WALLACEBURG — A 25-year-old Wallaceburg man is charged with mischief and breaching a recognizance after noise complaints on Oak Street Thursday night.

Chatham-Kent police said neighbours reported a man was playing loud music and disturbing residents.

Recognizing the man from numerous noise complaints earlier this year in Chatham, police said the officers gave him a warning.

Later in the night, police were called back to the same residence for another noise complaint.

Officers could hear Bon Jovi music from the street as they pulled up, police said.

Police arrested a man in relation to the noise. Police said when officers began to seize the stereo equipment, a 22-year-old woman interfered, attempting to stop them. She was also arrested.

They were both held for bail.

TEENS ARRESTED, CHARGED

Two teenagers were arrested after police responded to a report of windows being broken at a portable classroom behind Our Lady of Mount Carmel School in Amherstview Friday night.

The two, both 14, also tried unsuccessfully to get into the main school. They fled when officers arrived but were apprehended.

Loyalist OPP say one of the boys apparently defecated in the drawer of a teacher's desk.

Both youths were charged with break and enter with intent. The incontinent boy was also charged with mischief.

CANADIAN TIRE THEFT

A woman who stole an eclectic assortment of items from the Cataraqui Canadian Tire Store has been sentenced to 21 days in jail.

That's in addition to the 15 days Liane Kalenborn, 43, spent in custody before she was convicted of stealing $172.47 worth of merchandise from the store, simultaneously violating probation by failing to keep the peace.

Court heard that Kalenborn has multiple prior theft convictions and was placed on probation in another community in 2008, following conviction for a list of offences, including fraudulent personation.

Her lawyer, Mike Woogh, told the judge she'd fled an abusive partner and was living in a Kingston motel when she committed the Canadian Tire thefts.

The judge was also told that the loot included fireworks, an electronic fixture for a trailer and some bacon.

PIGS HOSED DOWN ON 401

Police, fire fighters and representatives with the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals all responded to a broken down truck filled with pigs on Hwy. 401 near Napanee.

The truck was not blocking traffic but, due to the excessive heat, crews were concerned for the well-being of the approximately 100 animals on board.

Napanee firefighters were on scene to spray the pigs down in hopes of keeping them cool. Two-and-a-half hours later the load was en route to its original destination.

Chatham-Kent police remind citizens that drinking in a public place is against the law.

Booze can only legally be consumed on private property or at licensed establishments, police said.

Police were called to Bear Line Road and McNaughton Avenue Monday night when a caller reported seeing 20-30 baseball players drinking along the side of the road.

Police said when the officer arrived, no alcohol was seen.

The officer told the players about the complaint, police said