• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

I tells ya, this Island is really getting rowdy:

Latest Prince Edward News Headlines

Pizza stolen during delivery

Police are also investigating the robbery of a pizza delivery driver Saturday shortly after 1 a.m.

The robbery took place on Ferndale Avenue while pizza was being delivered to a home. The delivery person was jumped by two men who made off with the pizza.

Anyone with information is being asked to call police.

A 26-year-old Chatham man landed behind bars after a night of drinking that led him to a house that wasn't his.

Chatham-Kent police said around 5 a.m. Sunday police responded to a call about a break-in on Claymore Line.

Police said officers located an highly intoxicated man attempting to get into the home.

Police said while questioning the man, it became clear that he didn't know where he was or whose house he was at.

He was arrested for public intoxication and is also charged with damaging a door at the residence, police said

• 2 weeks later...

A man who caught the eye of police because they believed he was spoiling for a fight got a lesson in the meaning of irony in Kingston's Ontario Court of Justice.

William C. MacDonald, 29, was convicted of violating conditions of an 18-month probation order that prohibited him from drinking alcohol or being in bars.

MacDonald was outside The Spot, a Princess Street night club, at 2:27 a.m. in early April when Kingston Police observed what appeared to be a fight about to start.

Crown attorney Ross Drummond said the officers saw MacDonald removing his coat but intervened before any punches were thrown.

MacDonald was exhibiting signs of intoxication, according to Drummond, and admitted he'd been drinking in the bar earlier.

MacDonald has been subject to his current probation order since November 2009 and his lawyer, Mary Jane Kingston, told Justice J. Peter Coulson that her client went out that night to celebrate his success at staying out of trouble.

• 1 month later...

DRUNK TANK FULL

Chatham-Kent police arrested five people for public intoxication Tuesday night.

* A 51-year-old Chatham woman was arrested after officers were called to a King Street home because a woman was drunk and laying on the front porch of a residence that wasn't hers.

* A blaring car horn alerted a citizen to a woman sleeping in a parked vehicle at a business on Raleigh Street. Police said a 53-year-old Chatham woman was arrested for public intoxication.

* A 22-year-old Chatham man was arrested after police were called to a disturbance on Raleigh Street. When officers arrived, they found the man highly intoxicated but were assured by his girlfriend that she would look after him. The officers left the residence, allowing the woman to care for him. Less than 40 minutes later, officers were called back for the same reason and the man was taken into custody, police said.

* Two males, aged 16 and 20, were arrested after police were called about problems at a housing complex on Murray Street in Wallaceburg. Both were intoxicated, police said.

All five people were released when they sobered up.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My mom and I were taking my daughter to get a haircut at a local salon (A Cut Above...) yesterday in Chatham. As we were walking into the salon, I see two 40-50 year old men duking it out in the parking lot beside one of those scooter/ebikes that is laying on its side. I sent my mom and daughter into the salon and stayed to monitor the situation as there was families throughout the lot. The men separate in the lot and the scooter rider is following the other gentleman into a nearby dollar store as they are still spewing obscenities back and forth. Inside the store the situation escalates further to the point where myself and another level headed citizen had to get in between the guys and separate them before they hurt others around them in the store. We managed to get them back out side just in time for the cops to show up. By this point I had heard what they were fighting about. Apparently the scooter driver was struck by the other guys pick-up truck gently and the driver got out and pulled the scooter driver off of his scooter and threw it to the ground. The drivers obscenities were directed at the fact that driving such a scooter is gay and that they shouldn't be aloud on the road. The driver threatened to 'fuck up' the scooter driver right in front of an officer and when the officer confronted the driver on doing so, the driver threatened to 'fuck up' the officer to. Bam! Slammed against the cop car, thrown in cuffs and taken to jail. Good times in Chatham.

My mom and I were taking my daughter to get a haircut at a local salon (A Cut Above...) yesterday in Chatham. As we were walking into the salon, I see two 40-50 year old men duking it out in the parking lot beside one of those scooter/ebikes that is laying on its side. I sent my mom and daughter into the salon and stayed to monitor the situation as there was families throughout the lot. The men separate in the lot and the scooter rider is following the other gentleman into a nearby dollar store as they are still spewing obscenities back and forth. Inside the store the situation escalates further to the point where myself and another level headed citizen had to get in between the guys and separate them before they hurt others around them in the store. We managed to get them back out side just in time for the cops to show up. By this point I had heard what they were fighting about. Apparently the scooter driver was struck by the other guys pick-up truck gently and the driver got out and pulled the scooter driver off of his scooter and threw it to the ground. The drivers obscenities were directed at the fact that driving such a scooter is gay and that they shouldn't be aloud on the road. The driver threatened to 'fuck up' the scooter driver right in front of an officer and when the officer confronted the driver on doing so, the driver threatened to 'fuck up' the officer to. Bam! Slammed against the cop car, thrown in cuffs and taken to jail. Good times in Chatham.

Good idea... she was looking a little scruffy the last time I saw her.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/protest-planned-after-lesbian-couple-booted-from-tim-hortons/article2211821/

a gem from down the road, blenheim, ontario!

Protest planned after lesbian couple booted from Tim Hortons

BLENHEIM, Ont.— The Canadian Press

Published Monday, Oct. 24, 2011 3:00PM EDT

Last updated Monday, Oct. 24, 2011 3:09PM EDT

Dozens of people are planning to protest outside a Tim Hortons in Blenheim on Thursday after a same-sex couple says they were told to leave the coffee shop because they were lesbians.

A spokeswoman for Tim Hortons says the couple was asked to leave after they “went beyond public displays of affection†while visiting the outlet three weeks ago.

While the chain is apologizing to Riley Duckworth, 25, of London, and her partner Patricia Pattenden, 23, for what it calls a misunderstanding, Ms. Duckworth says she is not satisfied.

Ms. Duckworth says she and her partner were outside drinking coffee with a group of family and friends and saw a man watching them from inside the restaurant.

She says soon after, the man went up to the counter, and a few minutes later the assistant manager came out and asked the couple to stop doing what they were doing and leave.

Ms. Duckworth says her partner had her hand around her waist, and had kissed her on the cheek once or twice but she denies they were groping each other.

“The manager said that our behaviour was inappropriate and that it was a family friendly establishment and it wasn't acceptable there,†Ms. Duckworth said.

“We would need to leave within five minutes or the cops would be called,†she said they were told.

They were shocked but left to avoid creating a scene, she said. They have been to the same outlet previously and had received stares from customers, but nothing had ever been said, she added.

As the couple left, the pastor at a local church allegedly held a prayer circle with more than a dozen people in the parking lot to “pray for the couple's souls,†Ms. Duckworth said.

Alexandra Cygal, manager of public affairs at Tim Hortons' head office, said it was not the store's intention to “offend or target anyone based on their sexual orientation.â€

“Tim Hortons and its restaurant owners have always welcomed all families and communities to their restaurants and will continue to do so,†she said.

“The guests' behaviour went beyond public displays of affection and was making other guests feel uncomfortable,†she said.

The management has apologized to the women and invited them back to their restaurant, added Ms. Cygal.

Ms. Duckworth said she was not contacted directly by anyone at Tim Hortons and read the apology for the first time on a website.

A Facebook group was created Sunday evening calling for a demonstration outside the outlet on Thursday that will be attended by friends, family and supporters including members of Pride Chatham-Kent.

By late Monday morning, several hundred people had joined the Facebook group.

Ms. Duckworth says she'll never return to Tim Hortons again.

“We want to make sure this won't happen again to anybody else because it's wrong and it should have never happened in the first place.â€

Edited by Guest

so disgusting that this still happens.....

And so many things that don't add up in the released statement.

I like the way she says it was too much affection in one sentence.....

“The guests' behaviour went beyond public displays of affection and was making other guests feel uncomfortable,†she said.

Then goes on to say management apologized......

"The management has apologized to the women and invited them back to their restaurant" added Ms. Cygal.

Why would they apologize if it they felt they were right?!?! doesn't add up....

But apparently they didn't apologize so.....

"Ms. Duckworth said she was not contacted directly by anyone at Tim Hortons and read the apology for the first time on a website."

Somebody needs to hold a prayer circle the pastor and his band of merry idiots and pray that they get their heads right....urghhh so frustrating how ignorant some people are.....

Edited by Guest

• 2 years later...

Sarnia driver claims he put alcohol in his ears to determine how Jesus restored hearing to the deaf

A Sarnia man refuted his alcohol breath readings in court, claiming the readings woud have been elevated after he put alcohol in his ears to test a Jesus theory.

Robert D. Bourque, 55, was convicted following his trial in Sarnia court of driving while his blood-alcohol level exceeded the legal limit. He was fined $1,000.

On Nov. 10, 2012, at 8 p.m. an OPP officer stopped Bourque's vehicle was because the taillights were out.

Breath tests showed Bourque's blood-alcohol level was one and a quarter times the legal limit.

Bourque, who represented himself, testified he had put alcohol in his ears as part of an experiment to determine how Jesus restored the hearing of deaf people.

Alcohol from his ears got into his throat and that increased the breath-test results, Bourque argued.

Bourque also testified he had consumed three beers at a pizza restaurant before being stopped and had one beer earlier in the day.

Justice R.G. Hunter said there was no expert evidence regarding the breath-test machine's accuracy. Hunter said he found the readings to be accurate and convicted Bourque.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Santa’s dinghy stolen in Wallaceburg

Santa had his dinghy stolen in Wallaceburg on the weekend.

The fat elf made a special appearance at the Royal Canadian Legion in Wallaceburg on Saturday to help the branch celebrate its annual Christmas in July.

Santa arrived via the Sydenham River.

But within 12 hours, the dinghy was gone.

Chatham-Kent Police Service report that an unknown suspect or suspects stole the nine-foot Walker Bay Odyssey dinghy and a 3.5-horsepower Tuhotsu motor from behind the Legion branch on Margaret Avenue.

The incident allegedly occurred sometime between Saturday at 11 p.m. and Sunday at 8 a.m. The dingy was last seen with inflatable reindeer affixed to the front.

The total value of the theft is approximately $5,000.

1298015548512_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si