Jambands.ca

Shoutbox

Esau.

ok, because this is exactly how things can be changed. forget polls, user testing, or usability patterns. there's no need for evidence or even a whiff of a reason. just one basic statement.

who care's who is online anyway?

Actually Mike, I had just come in from drinking beers and chillin outside, had about 8 or 9 into me and was catching a good glow. I was really just fuckin' around to be honest. Drunk post of my thoughts at the time.

Your right though, I should have added some more input. My apology's.

I will say though, it was sort of annoying to scroll down to use the shoutbox, but whatever. As for the whose online box, well I don't really check who is online first and decide to participate in, create new threads or send a PM based on that. So yeah, I guess I don't care.

If usability patterns was the reason for it being at the bottom, then why bother to even change it back instead of just saying that was the reason for it being there? I certainly didn't think anything would be changed due to my post.

[color:red][edit to add]

Also, I liked having the box with the links to the front page articles at the top like it was with the shoutbox below it.

Anyway, again, sorry. I didn't realize I had that sorta pull around here... ;)

Poll added: shoutbox poll

Edited by Guest

ok' date=' because this is exactly how things can be changed. forget polls, user testing, or usability patterns. there's no need for evidence or even a whiff of a reason. just one basic statement.

who care's who is online anyway?[/quote']

Actually Mike, I had just come in from drinking beers and chillin outside, had about 8 or 9 into me and was catching a good glow. I was really just fuckin' around to be honest. Drunk post of my thoughts at the time.

Your right though, I should have added some more input. My apology's.

I will say though, it was sort of annoying to scroll down to use the shoutbox, but whatever. As for the whose online box, well I don't really check who is online first and decide to participate in, create new threads or send a PM based on that. So yeah, I guess I don't care.

If usability patterns was the reason for it being at the bottom, then why bother to even change it back instead of just saying that was the reason for it being there? I certainly didn't think anything would be changed due to my post.

[color:red][edit to add]

Also, I liked having the box with the links to the front page articles at the top like it was with the shoutbox below it.

Anyway, again, sorry. I didn't realize I had that sorta pull around here... ;)

Poll added: shoutbox poll

yeah, i'm just fucking with you. It was a good suggestion.

thanks for the feedback regarding the links to articles. I moved it down so I can monitor it while I figure out why it isn't updating like it is supposed to. New posts are not showing up in the feed sidebar.

Basically, there is content in the forums that I can publish on the main page and the info from that page can be pushed to the forums. I'm trying to work out those glitches and I don't have a test site.