Jambands.ca

THAT OTHER PLACE

Joy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome aboard, Joy!

I've never been to THAT OTHER PLACE, but I've heard so much about it (good and bad, but mostly good!)

I've heard that tickets are hard to come by if you're not "in the know".

THAT OTHER PLACE is always on the same weekend as my hometown's summer festival, which I've attended every summer since 1990.

Have a great weekend everyone!

I've gone 5 times now I think and I'd be going this year too if I wasn't going to Montreal for Osheaga.

There is just something intangible about Blue Skies, an energy that really stays with you all year. The music, the people, the workshops the venue...It's all truly amazing.

The festival keeps a very low profile, no internet pressence at all except for some facebook pages,. Thats the way they like it and honestly it works for them.

Tickets are hard as hell to get without an "in" but if your determined you can go to the gate and wait and eventually, if you're patient, you'll get in.

Happy THAT OTHER PLACE to everyone who's going, have fun!

The best way is to send a request to be placed on their mailing list. Like actual mail with a stamp and ink and everything!

http://davidscrimshaw.blogspot.com/2008/08/guide-to-blue-skies-music-festival.html

General address

THAT OTHER PLACE Music Festival

Clarendon, ON K0H 1J0

Mailing List

THAT OTHER PLACE Music Festival

Mailing List

PO Box 216

Kingston, ON K7L 4V8

It all sounds wonderful- but it just never works out timing wise for me.......

This year was amazing. The wife and I have been going every year since '94. Getting camping tickets is really difficult unless you volunteer or know someone who does. There are plenty of day tickets available for the Saturday and Sunday shows if you get there early.

Here's the complete lineup for this year:

Samantha Schultz

Oh My Darling

Spoon River

Toronto All Star Big Band

James Keelaghan

David Woodheads' Confabulation

Gareth Pearson

Christine Tassan et les Impostures

Celtic Blaze

Jesse Greene Band

Mathew Zadow

That1Guy

The Gertrudes

CaneFire

Toby

Gareth Pearson, Christine Tassan et les Impostures, and CaneFire were definitely my musical highlights.