Jambands.ca

THAT OTHER PLACE

Joy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, wasn't clear if the address to mail ticket requests to was in the same area as the festival.

As for the rules about talking about the festival, well.... Seems kinda silly to me. But I'm not likely to go anyways so whatever.

Party on, Blue Skies.

I don't know if there are "rules" per se regarding posting about it on the 'net. I've heard that they have an internet guy but his job is to find references to the fest and try and get them taken down. Whether or not that is true I have no idea, but I know info is pretty scarce for a festival that always seems to sell out.

The deal is families that go want to come back every year, and after 30+ years that becomes unmanageable, so the best strategy is to limit advertising and thus limit how many more families will want to go, so basically the same pool of people are there all the time. There are many, many people who have been to this festival every year of their lives.

It's kinda like Phish - the big thing most people haven't heard of. If you keep your eyes peeled around the Ottawa area you'll see people wearing BS t-shirts and mugs all over the place.

Anyway AD, I think you might actually quite like it. If you get the itch to go next year let me know - maybe we can camp together.

StoneMtn, I meant Silly in that everyone that attends obviously loves it and it sounds like it's got a very special vibe, yet it seems like talking about it openly is frowned upon. After reading Velvet's followup it's clear that you're just trying to protect something that is rare and I get that now. Without knowing a bit about why you feel it's inappropriate to talk about it on a public forum it comes off exclusionary without reason, that's all. Now I understand.

Thanks velvet, I'll keep it in mind. :)

Pretty lame if you ask me when anyone on earth can type blueskiesmusicfestival into google and find information about it and yet I now can't even use the words (blueskies) on a public message board.

agreed. there is info on that dude's blog which was linked above.

(and now I know why i couldn't find the link for your earlier post)

there is no way that posting about blue skies violates any "rules." you can find enough info on the web if you try hard enough.

not allowing people to post about it seems like you are trying to make the festival elitist IMO. it's not like we are advertising about it. just sharing info with our friends/community.

Pretty lame if you ask me when anyone on earth can type blueskiesmusicfestival into google and find information about it and yet I now can't even use the words (blueskies) on a public message board.

This forum isn't completely public. You need to register here to post and if you're asked to not post certain information, it's very helpful if you politely oblige and respect the board, members and site visitors.

The first rule of THAT OTHER PLACE is we do not talk about THAT OTHER PLACE

The second rule of THAT OTHER PLACE is we do not talk about THAT OTHER PLACE

But in all seriousness sounds like one of the few places that it is nice to bring a family too... last thing we need is a bunch of PT wooks crashing it