Jambands.ca

DBT's Patterson Hood on the recent KOL bird incident

Jaimoe

Hilarious stuff from Patterson. I can't disagree with him one bit either. I wish the bird would have instead gone Hitchcock Birds on those posers:

Woke up to the news that Kings of Leon had to cancel the St. Louis venue (that we played last week with Petty) due to a pigeon shitting in the bassist’s mouth. I saw Mike Campbell (from The Heartbreakers) collapse on stage in 100 degree heat, get carried off (still clutching his guitar) and come back on to FINISH THE SHOW.

That’s what you do. Kings of Leon walk off after three songs.

What a bunch of pussies.

Woke up to the news that Kings of Leon had to cancel the St. Louis venue (that we played last week with Petty) due to a pigeon shitting in the bassist’s mouth. I saw Mike Campbell (from The Heartbreakers) collapse on stage in 100 degree heat, get carried off (still clutching his guitar) and come back on to FINISH THE SHOW.

What a bunch of pussies.

Haha - no doubt. I can see the bassist taking a break for a song, maybe even two songs to get the shit out of his mouth and shake it off, but the whole band calls the show? Indeed what a bunch of pussies. loljb.gif

By the way, was this a twitter comment?

What a bunch of pussies.

Haha - no doubt. I can see the bassist taking a break for a song, maybe even two songs to get the shit out of his mouth and shake it off, but the whole band calls the show?

Indeed what a bunch of pussies.

It's ironic again since KOL have been singing shitty tunes on several albums.

I'm not sure if it was a Twitter comment or not.

KOL headlined the 1st night of Bonnaroo and at some point the singer's guitar lost signal. As soon as the song was done he called out the crew for it and said something to the extent of when someone can't do their job properly you replace them.

What a prima donna. I think the stardom has gone to their heads, because that kind of attitude is something you learn to have when everyone around you acts that way. All the hard working bands that I've ever played with know that shit happens and it's your job to play! As they say the show must go on.

When I was playing in Vanderpark back in 06/07, my appendix died the night we were playing the Pepperjack. I passed out during the opening band, then picked my sorry ass off the table and rocked as hard as I could. I spent the next 7 days in the hospital as my operation was successful but got infected. I required home care for a week after that. I have no regrets. KOL should be ashamed of themselves.

Would have preferred he brought up Bob Weir getting dosed last week (huge props if its true) but whatever......that KOL dude is a pussy......unless he was unknowingly dosed and then had a bird shit in his mouth.

I bet the Bobby dosed concert sounded far better than a non-bird-shit KOL show.

I want to stick up for KOL a little bit - back a few years ago they were a wicked band with great tunes. Bonnaroo 2005 (I think) they played a killer set on the second stage. Now though, they're fucking horrible.

I want to stick up for KOL a little bit - back a few years ago they were a wicked band with great tunes. Bonnaroo 2005 (I think) they played a killer set on the second stage. Now though, they're fucking horrible.

I think most of us were onboard with KOL earlier in their career (I saw them at Lee's Palace when their first EP came out). But things started to terribly wrong around '06. I think they started reading too many press-clippings along with being influenced by too many differing music styles, and the overall result has ended up sucking ass. Plus, these fuckers exude arrogance.

A bird shat (who first wrote the conjugation for this verb and did they do so without smiling?) on me twice...once at Ontario Place where I was wearing a see-through rain poncho and the shit landed in the front pocket, where it had nowhere to hide, and the other time was in a parking lot as I was walking toward a Kmart store where the shit landed on my head. The show went on both times.

When I was playing in Vanderpark back in 06/07, my appendix died the night we were playing the Pepperjack. I passed out during the opening band, then picked my sorry ass off the table and rocked as hard as I could. I spent the next 7 days in the hospital as my operation was successful but got infected. I required home care for a week after that. I have no regrets. KOL should be ashamed of themselves.

Now that is rock and roll. This however, is not:

A seagull shit on my arctic camo hat as a young lad, took a few days to realize it (it blended in). I turned out fine (or something).

Maybe the couch incident was some sorta shit-karma

I can't remember the date but it was the night before KOL played the Opera House. Myself and one other member of the jambands.ca community were partying with KOL at there hotel. The night pretty much consisted of use getting intoxicated in many forms and listening to the grateful dead. They were a super cool bunch of kids (youngest 17 & oldest 24)and big fans of the dead.

Shouldn't folks be directing their pissyness towards the venue for not sweeping out the rafters or whatever they are meant to do to prevent artists from having to perform in a shit storm...if I were an artist I'd like the shit crap to be apart of the agreement...extra shit pay say. No way would I expect a band to play in a bird shit storm for me...that's fucking grose man...

Yeah maybe instead of grousing on about the band just because they're the harrier of the suspects, everyone's bitterness should be directed at the poor sap suckers who are in charge.

Owl we have to do (for a bit of a lark) is to thrush out a solution with the people manage the venue who in tern could have a chat with someone with a crane to flush out the pigeons albatross the top of the rail of the stage and perhaps all this will blow plover.

Edited by Guest
birdbrain sp